Pandora will freeze in middle of start up

JAM6661

Still Fresh
Hello everyone my name is Myles, I'm in the US Army and my Open Pandora has finally gotten to my barracks last night. I turned her on and went through the start up wizard and exactly after I choose my time zone it tells me that I need to set the date and it freezes from there. I have rebooted the Pandora countless times and I always have the same problem right after I set my time zone. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Do I need to hook it up to my PC and do it from there or is the problem easier than that. I have waited awhile to finally get my hands on one and I refuse to let a simple error like this hate the system or ask for a refund

sound as if your OS is broken, luckyly is rather easy to fix. All you need is to reflash. See here for more.

Also enjoy your device, I realy hope it will ease some wait time you might get at work

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure it freezes?

After you entered the time, the screen goes off (power saving), which is a known issue. Pressing any key (I usually press Enter) should turn it on again.

The first boot wizard can take awhile but if it really is borked, then make sure you re-flash fully from that link (http://www.openpandora.org/downloads/Zaxxon-HF6.zip), rather than use the PND based Hotfix updater for HF6 there (http://www.openpandora.org/downloads/HF6-Updater.pnd), as various people have had problems from that. Sebt3 is no doubt right here though Myles, and his is probably the only order you should follow from here on out. Especially the hoping you have no work time that needs to cut in to your Pandora time part. Pay full attention to ED though.

It's not even a freeze it just stops working, it will say "need to set date" I click the ok button and nothing happens so I continue clicking the ok button and nothing works so I just get stuck on the same page and it's not just a one time deal, everytime I try to boot it up and type in my personal info it stops working right at that step

It's not even a freeze it just stops working, it will say "need to set date" I click the ok button and nothing happens so I continue clicking the ok button and nothing works so I just get stuck on the same page and it's not just a one time deal, everytime I try to boot it up and type in my personal info it stops working right at that step

Hm. Seems like the RTC has a problem here.

If you don't really need it, I could create you an OS version that doesn't use the date.

Hm. Seems like the RTC has a problem here.

If you don't really need it, I could create you an OS version that doesn't use the date.

I just want it to boot up and work I don't really care what it takes honestly because I seriously can't do anything with my Pandora I can't even access the desktop because I can't access anything after setup

Back