Several issues with the Pandora.

Kelvin

Pixel Mercenary
Website
www.kelvinshadewing.net
I should have mentioned these sooner since they've been going on since very shortly after I got my Pandora, the first issue happening from the beginning, but I kept forgetting to.

1: The clock on the taskbar always shows an hour behind the time I set it to. Any other program that accesses system time will show the correct time, like Pidgin, but the Orage clock is always off. If I hard reset the system, it'll be off by a random value. I tried checking the timezone, but instead of the standard timezone listing, it has this retarded city selection. How do I fix that?

2: For some reason, no matter which nub I use, trying to left click will double click, even when I'm pushing the nub slightly down to avoid the double click zone.

3: There are vertical streaks on my screen that are slightly darker than the rest of the screen. To my knowledge, my unit has not taken any physical damage, so I don't know what the cause could be. I also don't see any warranty into on the homepage, so I'm worried about what to do if the screen dies.

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

About the nub issue; You make sure to do the nub-dance after bootup for both nubs, right? The first few motions with the nubs after a cold boot will be erratic.

1) Select the city that is in your time zone.

2) Use the input tester to see if your nubs are functioning correctly.

3) Can you post a picture?

The good news is I was able to take a picture of the screen. The bad news is it's because the discoloration is getting worse.

4V9D8SE.jpg

That's a degrading screen. Send ED a letter through the Contact Us page to enquire about warranty replacement. It should be no charge (except maybe the cost of shipping it there) and he'll replace the screen and send the bad one back to the manufacturer.

I sent in a trouble ticket, but didn't even get an email confirmation that it went through. Getting kinda worried here. Been almost two weeks since I sent it, I think.

I sent in a trouble ticket, but didn't even get an email confirmation that it went through. Getting kinda worried here. Been almost two weeks since I sent it, I think.
You usually get a reply the same day and all open requests have been replied to.

Maybe a typo in your email address?

Back