Slashgear article

Also the article gives the (false) idea that the Pandora cost is $499.

Edit: ops, sorry, looks like that's true...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevermind - addressed in this thread:

pandora private isn´t too private anymore

EDIT: Lol at the ´capitalism´ tag.

^This. Words definately out now... It would be interesting to find out if new unique orders rise by next week...

I think engadget pretty much summed it up on how most of us feel...

That extra $150 sounds like quite the surcharge, but it's an option if you simply can't wait for your number to come up, and OpenPandora chief Craig Rothwell tweets that some portion of those monies will help support the project. Still, those extra units have to come from somewhere, and if you've been standing in line for months, we imagine you won't happy to hear that some rich kid can just swoop in and buy your Pandora out from under you without a care in the world.

That extra $150 sounds like quite the surcharge, but it's an option if you simply can't wait for your number to come up, and OpenPandora chief Craig Rothwell tweets that some portion of those monies will help support the project. Still, those extra units have to come from somewhere, and if you've been standing in line for months, we imagine you won't happy to hear that some rich kid can just swoop in and buy your Pandora out from under you without a care in the world.

:angry: This is exactly why I made the summary! DAMMIT I WASN'T FAST ENOUGH! This is not how it is!!

Look!:

l2TuB.png

Edit: These people better get their Pandas on time or else these websites are going to take a giant $#$% on us... :(

Speak for yourself. Engaget fail to realise this is the price the Pandora has to be in order for the project to survive!

:angry: This is exactly why I made the summary! DAMMIT I WASN'T FAST ENOUGH! This is not how it is!!

Look!:

l2TuB.png

Edit: These people better get their Pandas on time or else these websites are going to take a giant $#$% on us... :(

I suggest you read my response here.

Look!:

l2TuB.png

Thats a nice graph, but as I understand it there was not a unlimited pandora supply, so while build speed might not slow down, they might take pandoras from the end of the queue to give them to premium buyers eventually bringing the normal queue to a halt till they produce more parts.

Either way, I've waited enough and this, coupled with the 3DS, NGP and specially, PlayStation certified android cellphones have made me cancel my order. I've run it through my mind several times now and theres nothing that can't be accomplished with a playstation phone that can be done with the pandora. Perfect gaming controls, fits in pocket, build quality, open android platform.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, its just that some people have limits. In the time I have waited for the pandora so much has changed in my life I don't think I have the time for something as niche as this, think ill stick to mainstream for now.

I wish the OP team good luck.

Good bye

Thats a nice graph, but as I understand it there was not a unlimited pandora supply, so while build speed might not slow down, they might take pandoras from the end of the queue to give them to premium buyers eventually bringing the normal queue to a halt till they produce more parts.

Either way, I've waited enough and this, coupled with the 3DS, NGP and specially, PlayStation certified android cellphones have made me cancel my order. I've run it through my mind several times now and theres nothing that can't be accomplished with a playstation phone that can be done with the pandora. Perfect gaming controls, fits in pocket, build quality, open android platform.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, its just that some people have limits. In the time I have waited for the pandora so much has changed in my life I don't think I have the time for something as niche as this, think ill stick to mainstream for now.

I wish the OP team good luck.

Good bye

Well that was a pointless post. Bye random new person to the board. :mellow:

Back