Skype 1.4 port

Mikelle02

Still Fresh
Hi there , looking at the repo I didn't found a Pandora port of Skype.
I know that Skype has a closed source code.
Anyway .. I remember that time ago , the source code were available here and here .

I want to know if there is a way to get from those websites an unofficial working port.

Last edited by a moderator:
That stuff has been taken down for copyright problems. 

Even if we could make something cool with it we are not allowed to publish it. 

The best bets for Skype are:

• Use a different application if possible.
  • Trying to get the Skype plugin working natively on Pandora (Hasn't proved fruitful)
  • Trying to get the Android version working via that wrapper program that I appear to have forgotten the name of... (Seems like a no go.)
  • Use x86 Linux version via the QEmu userspace that was made available (Not tried it myself, but I guess there is a possibility of it working... maybe)

Use x86 Linux version via the QEmu userspace that was made available (Not tried it myself, but I guess there is a possibility of it working... maybe)
The last I heard was that it started but as soon as it tried to connect it would crash.The reason being that Skype uses some anti-reverse-engineering tricks which emulators don't handle properly.

Use x86 Linux version via the QEmu userspace that was made available (Not tried it myself, but I guess there is a possibility of it working... maybe)
The last I heard was that it started but as soon as it tried to connect it would crash.
The reason being that Skype uses some anti-reverse-engineering tricks which emulators don't handle properly.
I was online with Skype but the Problem was that Exagear dont had good Sound Support.

There is an Exagear Update,but no Time to try it yet,sorry ;)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZCTSiJeVA5w?feature=oembed

That's actually really good news! It means that Exagear is handling things more accurately than QEMU does.

Could not hear anything in that video above, don't know if that was because the video sound quality was not good...or if the Skype sound quality was not good.  I had my own volume up to full blast.

Did you try Skype on Qemu before? It was not working or just slow ?
I forget who tried it on Qemu before but the result was that it crashed as soon as it tried to connect. The reason for this is because it does some kind of "anti-reverse-engineering" tricks (things like self modifying code, some other stuff I didn't bother to look too deeply into) that was hard for emulators to emulate. For it to be working at all in Exagear where it wasn't in Qemu means that Exagear is able to handle these apparently hard to do things that Qemu could not.

Back