Voice Chatting

Coldbird

The title is pretty self explaining, as we don't have access to closed source services like Skype, I was wondering if the open source alternatives like Mumble have been considered for a port yet?

Or is there something else out on the Pandora yet to provide this very important feature?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of trying to port mumble at some point.. I just don't have time for anything any more.. Work sucks the life out of me.

I was thinking of trying to port mumble at some point.. I just don't have time for anything any more.. Work sucks the life out of me.

I gave it a quick look, sure it can be done, but after an hour of messing with packages/etc I had to do some real work...shame we have lives really

I gave it a quick look, sure it can be done, but after an hour of messing with packages/etc I had to do some real work...shame we have lives really

What's really more a shame is those of us like myself that has no life and could probably code 5-10 hours a day, but don't know how. I am currently a waste of space. Hopefully. That will change, someday. It sucks being physically/health-wise challenged.

I so miss my teen years of falling asleep at the PC trying to write some useful program on my Spectravideo Svi-328. The Pandora is to me going to be it's spiritual successor in terms of long nights trying to DO something again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a quick look too. But I run out of memory while compiling bollocks style. Somebody with a good crosscompiling setup could do it easily I would say.

Had a quick look too. But I run out of memory while compiling bollocks style. Somebody with a good crosscompiling setup could do it easily I would say.
yeah, I'll wait for news from gfrancisdev before doing something, but I had a look too.

Cmake, a few easy dependencies, doable for sure

yeah, I'll wait for news from gfrancisdev before doing something, but I had a look too.

Cmake, a few easy dependencies, doable for sure

It's Qmake or do we speak of different things?

Back