Release Simple Screen Recorder

Farox

Certified Guru
Website
rbnet.it
My new port is an (QT based) utility program Simple Screen Recorder made by Maarten Baert.

Its a nice tool with the ability to record and save all to a video (with audio via the internal mic) all the things that your Pandora show live on screen.

Consider this a preliminary port as the interface is not so Pandora resolution friendly, i have changed only the position of the inital page ,

resized the logo image but since my QT knowledge is near zero , the interface is not well scaled...i need an help from an expert here.

Another thing that don't work is recording with OpenGL as it need a special injection lib that is not compiled because is using Elf Hacks thats is for cpu i386 only.

Just discovered that games/apps that using GLES and Framebuffer Mode (offered by eglport and recent SuperZaxxon drivers) is recordable..just remember to overclock your Pandora or will be a slideshow.

The program is setted to use the internal mic so it's ready for Pandora recording ( to record internal audio is needed Pulseaudio i think) .

It's great to make a video tutorial about an application...maybe not so great ideal to show a game as need great cpu power to record video and run game at the same time, but is doable.

Some advices to remember when you want record something:

• Use an SD card where you put this program and the app/apps you want to record, and use a second SD card, in second slot, where to save videos to avoid slowness on reading/saving.
  • Overclock your Pandora to have best result.
  • Maybe use a Swapfile (i'd have to test using this..but i think should improve)
  • Record the entire screen, if you record with a scaled video you will need more cpu power.
  • frame rate ...you need to experiment with this (but leave @ 30 in case you don't know)
  • Record Cursor (is at your choise)
  • Record Mic  (is at your choise...but we gain little more fps if not used)
  • The best image quality is offered by using MP4 container  / codec H.264
  • Costant rate factor= need to experiment, 23 is default and produce a very good quality image (i have used 30 with a little reduced image quality but can gain more speed)
  • Preset = Ultrafast files will be more large but is not a real problem because is more interesting have more speed of recording.
  • Audio codec Vorbis (but for now don't work with h264..i need to check) or MP3 (i have reduced bit rate at 32 Kbps as we record from the internal mic and don't need a superior quality).

Recording video is provided by libavcodec from ffmpeg package.

In this second build i have rebuilded the latest ffmpeg 2.0.1 and added more codecs like x264, Theora, Vorbis, ILBC, lame, Twolame, opencore, visualon, wavpack, the only missing codec is libvpx that i was not able to compile.

This is a video made by Ingoreis :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4zt-Be58aY&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Anyway this is some screenshots of pandora version :

screen1.png

screen2.png

Download PND from the repo

Last edited by a moderator:
Have tried to build a new PND with some more codecs/libs but program( more precisely libavcodec) don't see it...now i need to build some more codecs to add to codeblocks pnd and than rebuild libavcodec/FFmpeg and finally rebuild this app.

Very time consuming -_-

Updated program and first post :) hope is working well now.

If someone have some info on how correctly build libvpx, i will be very happy

I tried it yesterday a little and recorded a very short Video.

Work fine but i must experiment more what for Settings are ideal :)

Tried it on a overclocked GHZ Pandora and the Quality is for me very good.

Will upload some Videos with that soon.

Its good for Little howtows or Software,for Games not so.

Good Software THX

Btw: It remind me little on Microsoft Camcorder :)

Id love to see people video capture their favourite Pandora apps and games and we can make a best of video.

Sorry Ingo but OpenGL recording is not possible on Pandora because it need a special injection library that use ElfHacks a software that is written only for Cpu i386.

Thanks i'm glad you like it or found usefull.

Yes Pandora don't have enough cpu power to process a video and run a game in real time...but for application (if not so heavy..) it will be good.

Why did you use the terminal to type texts and got all kinds of errors? :D

Cool program!

Back