Release mhWaveEdit Record, play, edit and convert sound files

Does anyone else consistently experience a crash of the mhWaveEdit program when you attempt to save the recording as a Microsoft WAV file?  On the next startup, mhWaveEdit is able to recover the file and then save it, but the first attempt to save the file results in a crash for me.

One thing that annoyed me is that the window was always minimized when starting the mhWaveEdit program, so I would have to maximize or expand the size of the window each time in order to see the record button.  I have learned to control the window size in the configuration file, which is a plain text file located in:

/media/[label]/pandora/appdata/mhwaveedit-1.4.22/.mhwaveedit/config

There are two relevant lines in the configuration file that need to be changed to the following values:

useGeometry = true

windowGeometry = 0_0_800_423

Thank you, Farox :) This is a great recording tool, I have used the previous version quite a lot already

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Farox, would you mind uploading the previous version 1.4.22 to your blog, the repo or somewhere else please? For reasons unknown, the new built 1.4.23 doesn´t start any more for me, I tried new install three times (also with deleting appdata files, no luck).

It's possible to download the old version from repo (click on Archived).

If you find why don't start anymore i will try to check it (maybe post here the pndrun.out file).

Thanks for the quick reply again, the old version works!

Here is the file:

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps/mhWaveEdit_b2.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mhwaveedit
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : scripts/mhwaveedit.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/mhwaveedit"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mhwaveedit=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/mhwaveedit=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/mhwaveedit"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application (scripts/mhwaveedit.sh ) ----------
./bin/mhwaveedit: error while loading shared libraries: libesd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (scripts/mhwaveedit.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/mhwaveedit': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 4

Seems that is missing a lib (libesd) ...tomorrow i will repackage it...hope to find time.

Thanks

No, Farox, no need to :) I have just done another excellent quality 45 minutes recording with the previous version and all runs normal there :)

One word of "warning" ;)

When you have your "fast" SD card in slot 2, and the programme knows it is in slot 2 from Preferences settings at your previous recording session,

and you take it out in the meantime for whichever purpose

and put it back again

MhWaveEdit will record into slot 1, miraculously!

(unless you change the Preferences again before recording)

Guess I just need a second class 10 card :)

Update...fixed the pnd that was not running in new firmware.
See first post for the link to download.

Thank you:)
Quick report, done a few short recordings so far (will do an extended one later), no problems and all runs from scratch. :)
Just found the Normalize function just now - before I always used Audacity afterwards to boost its quiet levels. Didn´t know that it is in-built.

Yes is possible.
Just tested with a crappy USB headset+mic, but the recording result is really bad (but this probably because of the crappy device i used).
Here how i enabled the headset:

Start or reboot your Pandora.

open a terminal window and type
sudo modprobe snd-usb-audio (as this is not enabled by default)

now enable USB-host on the taskbar menu

plug-in your USB device

now type dmesg on terminal and see if the new USB device is found

if yes type
arecord --list-devices

you should see:
card 0: xxxxxxxxxx, device 0: xxxxxxxxxxx
card 1: default [Samson C01U ], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
now you see that your USB device is enumerated as CARD 1, DEVICE 0 (in short 1,0 remember this as is needed to insert on mhWaveEdit)

Now that you have your magic numbers (1,0 in this example) run mhWaveEdit pnd and go to Edit/preferences now second tab Sound and
under Driver options click on Settings
on the new opened window change the Recording device from hw:0,1 to hw:1,0 (or the numbers that are on your system)
scroll the preferences window down and click OK
Now go to Play/Record menu and click on Launch mixer
You should see two Sound card:
omap3pandora (Alsa mixer)
and your new USB device

select this new device and enable all the controls you need (in particular the microphone and don't forget to set high the volume), now quit the mixer.

Select an approriate Sample format for your device (my device refuse to work as Stereo for example...)

And try to record something.

Back