Simple Questions

OldJim

Since I made many People angry here the Last Time I started a Post.

I will try to stay neutral this time and only ask Questions.

Since the Premium Pandora Sale did the Production Speed up?

How Many Pandora's can 1 Person assemble in a Day?

For how many Pandora's can the Factories deliver Parts in a Day (in average)?

Did From the First Premium Pandora Sale every one get there Pandora in 7 Days?

Now that the 7-day Pandora order page is back online (

The 7-day Pandora order page is back online: http://gbax.com/pandoraprivate.html

— Craig J V Rothwell (@Craigix)

February 8, 2011
) how many Pandora's will be soled this Time maximum?
The Money raised from the Firs Premium 7 Day Pandora sale was used to hire more People, how many people where hired now?

The Money from this second Premium 7 Day Pandora sale, what will it be used for?

I hope that this Questions can all be answered in a factual way.

Thanx in advance.

no offense, but every time you ask a question, you seem to try grabbing OPT by the balls, this is not that kind of place, and its not that kind of company, go complain to sony and apple if youre gonna do it that way, let these guys do their work

actually Im trying to do the opposite.

I rally try to just ask simple Questions this Time.

Are you telling me that I cant ask Questions anymore?

I'm doing my best to not offend anybody this time, giving everybody a fair chance to set things right by answering these Questions in a Honest way.

But what do I get... You tell me to go away?... I helped the OPT by giving them my money for many months now... And If I ask a honest Question you tell me to go away... because we don't ask Questions here? I really don't get It... I really I'm trying to not offend anybody here, just asking questions that a lot of us have, and hopping to get a Honest Answer. Is that to much to ask for?

I helped the OPT by giving them my money for many months now...

I really tried to resist answering this thread 'onest guv!!!

We all gave money to OPT and some of us over 2 years ago. I don't know about you but I gave them my money in exchange for an excellent mini computer. I think I might have helped by being patient.... but I'm sure my forum fighting isn't helpful at all :p

I really I'm trying to not offend anybody here, just asking questions that a lot of us have, and hopping to get a Honest Answer. Is that to much to ask for?

Ah the union rep for the want more questions brigade!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I made many People angry here the Last Time I started a Post.

I will try to stay neutral this time and only ask Questions.

Since the Premium Pandora Sale did the Production Speed up?

How Many Pandora's can 1 Person assemble in a Day?

For how many Pandora's can the Factories deliver Parts in a Day (in average)?

Did From the First Premium Pandora Sale every one get there Pandora in 7 Days?

Now that the 7-day Pandora order page is back online (

The 7-day Pandora order page is back online: http://gbax.com/pandoraprivate.html

February 8, 2011
) how many Pandora's will be soled this Time maximum?
The Money raised from the Firs Premium 7 Day Pandora sale was used to hire more People, how many people where hired now?

The Money from this second Premium 7 Day Pandora sale, what will it be used for?

I hope that this Questions can all be answered in a factual way.

Thanx in advance.

Those sound like decent questions to me, that being said I don't really have answers for you. I myself would like to see some numbers, so that pre-order people can have a better idea on where they're standing right now.

I'm just going to try and answer the answerable questions for you:

1. Yes, because premiums have been sent out and queued orders are shipping as we speak.

2. X

3. X

4. Shipping to some parts of the world, assuming every unit was assembled, labeled, and ready to go, would be impossible in 7 days. I have read of people living in the UK getting their premiums in 2-4 days, but that is logical due to proximity. I personally have gotten a shipping confirmation 2 days after my payment was confirmed. I have read no complaints from anyone with a premium preorder. 7 days is 7 business days because post offices do not work weekends. That is unavoidable. But no complaints from premium orders...

5. This is the same premium order. The maximum amount of premiums has not been reached yet. They were just having server issues...

6. For tax purposes alone I wouldn't expect an answer on that...

7. There is no second premium sale. Just by that question it leads me to believe that you jump to conclusions based on random posts as opposed to research, which is what the boards are for. I understand some people don't follow along everything that happens, but you can always go back and read up on what you missed, and be informed.

That's the best answers I think you're going to get...

@Anihil8ion2199

Thanx for trying to answer my Questions.

Especially thanx for setting things right about there not being a second premium sale

I did read this Post:http://pandorapress.net/2011/01/28/500-instant-pandoras/comment-page-1/#comment-19847

And understood it that the Premium Sale is limited to a 100 and that this amount was reached.

So when the page for the 7-Day Delivery (

February 8, 2011
) Opend again I made the wrong conclussion that this was the second premium Order.
So thanx for stetting things right.

1. Yes, because premiums have been sent out and queued orders are shipping as we speak.
Great to hear that things are moving faster now. Any Idea how many Non Premium Orders got Shipped since they Started this Premium Deal?

Just wondering how many Premium Pandoras and how many Non Premium Pandoras where Shipped

6. For tax purposes alone I wouldn't expect an answer on that...
Why do they have something to hide? As long as the do things be the law the should be no issue whit Taxes... Or I'm I getting something wrong here?

I understand some people don't follow along everything that happens, but you can always go back and read up on what you missed, and be informed.
I do admit that I do not read every Post made in this Forum. There are just way to many.

And since I know that I for sure have missed some Information and I did the mistake before by making conclusion whiteout having all of the Infos, I have decided to ask the people that have all the Infos to answer these Questions instead. So sorry If this was not OK.

I don't know about you but I gave them my money in exchange for an excellent mini computer. I think I might have helped by being patient.
I gave them the money back then expecting the Pandora in 8 Weeks. And that It takes so much longer is absolute OK with me.

But this Premium thing is not so OK with me.

I think that the OPT did a great Job so far and for sure keep doing so.

For my last Topic () did not go over very well and I do not what to harm the great OPT, I have decided to not make any conclusions my self this Time but to ask the People that know better then myself.

Trying to to understand whats going on how noting to do with not being patient.

These Questions are not aswerd Yet.

2. How Many Pandora's can 1 Person assemble in a Day?

3. For how many Pandora's can the Factories deliver Parts in a Day (in average)?

Anybody that can give a answer here?

Any standard units with shipping confirmation since 26th Jan? Maybe I missed some...

Yes, quite a few ones, just saw some today and yesterday in the "My unit has been shipped"-thread.
Thanx for Pointing this out. You Posted this Answer while I was writing the Post Above

Is this the Threat your talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
no sane assembly line is going to have one person working on something from start to finish. question 3 is still up in the air, as OPT are still telling CC to make slight adjustments to the boards, which is really the only thing still left to be shipped, so you cant get an answer on that either as other parts have been shipped about a year ago. this is about as clear of an answer as you will get, as thats about as clear as things are right now, so please quit demanding answers

I think he was asking how many one person could assemble to figure out how much 3 new people would add to the speedup. Problem is I don't think the current assembly process could be broken down to how many a single person could make as it's more a team effort with multiple stations.

Also the question of the boards per day is difficult as they ship in batches of varied amounts every so often. I believe the speedup plan would attempt to have CC deliver more boards at a time and use the extra manpower to help assemble them and effectively get more units made in the same amount of time.

So until we get word that new people have been hired and that CC is in fact shipping more boards, not much more can be speculated at this point. So as always, we can only sit back and wait and watch to see how it all unfolds.

Personally, as long as I get mine before I'm physically unable to enjoy it, and the project overall is a success, then what happens, happens. This is definitely the greatest social experiment when it comes to observing how people deal with things, so I can't say even in my own hours of doubt or failing patience, that this hasn't been an interesting journey filled with insight into the minds of others as well as learning more about myself. If I would have been asked if I could wait this long, I would have never believed it possible, yet here I am. I just hope that this all makes it so much sweeter when the time comes that it is finally in my hands.

These Questions are not aswerd Yet.

2. How Many Pandora's can 1 Person assemble in a Day?

3. For how many Pandora's can the Factories deliver Parts in a Day (in average)?

Anybody that can give a answer here?

** Not official **

As point out already 2) is not a straight question answer.

I think the best your going to get is that Craigix had 3 people for assembly and was averaging ~70 units a day.

Now he has 5 and is averaging ~130 unit a day.

These number are from memory, someone correct me if I'm way off.

3) the factory doesn't deliver daily, they seem to be doing 300-500 a week, you can do the maths if you want a daily rate.

Now this hasn't been explicitly stated anywhere I've seen,

but I think you'll find the Pandora will be sold for US$500 from now on.

They just can't produce it for US$350 any more.

@DaMummy:

What did I do to you that you are still being so harsh to me - even after I apologized for the riot I started in my last thread.

I really only try to understand whats going on this time - No criticism, No demanding, No conclusions, No offense... Just simple Questions.

@Poem58

Your sure right this journey is a great experience and everybody that join it did and will learn a lot from It.

I learned a lot about what It takes to develop a device like this, that I would have never learned If my Pandora was delivered as organically Planed in 8 Weeks after I paid.

Its also very Interesting to see how I and other people react to this long waiting time. And how reaction/personalities of People change as Time goes by.

@GizmoAgent and Poem58:

Thanx for your answers and explaining how things are rolling along.

So did I get that right, at the Moment the CC cant ship enough Board so that the Planed Speed Up from the Premium Sale is still on hold until the can start to Ship the Boards Faster?

Because the Plan of 5 People working on the assembly Line can Put together More Pandora's then the CC can Ship?

So It can safe be said that once again its not the OPT to blame that things are not moving faster but the CC?

Again Please do not Understand this as a offense - Im just trying to understand whats going on.

So did I get that right, at the Moment the CC cant ship enough Board so that the Planed Speed Up from the Premium Sale is still on hold until the can start to Ship the Boards Faster?

Because the Plan of 5 People working on the assembly Line can Put together More Pandora's then the CC can Ship?

So It can safe be said that once again its not the OPT to blame that things are not moving faster but the CC?

Again Please do not Understand this as a offense - Im just trying to understand whats going on.

This is so passive aggressive.

This is so passive aggressive.
What is aggressive here?

Be assured that I'm not trying to be aggressive at all.

I only try to understand whats going on.

@ The People that are not giving me constructive Answers, but instead continue to be harsh against me.

What do I have to do that you Stop that? I did already apologize for the riot that I Started last time.

But this time It People that are giving harsh answers to simple Questions that are responsible, if we cant talks in a proper way.

I'm Just trying to understand what's going on. So is it wrong to ask Questions about things that I may not have the full picture of - and let people that have more Info then I do answer them?

Please I know we had a hard start - But can we at least try to talk like Adults together now?

Thanx to the People that help me understand by doing the best by giving me constructive answers.

no you do not get it right, CC mas produce more than they currently are if OPT tell them to with of course some money involved, and the 7day orders are being shipped out within 7 days, many within 2 days, and thats a big success for pandora, and passive aggressive is a perfect way to describe the way you state your questions/comments/opinions. but you need to understand that many things in pandora production isnt black or white

Back