simple question

elinscheid

Hi there. I will be getting my GP32 as soon as payday comes around, which means I will have mine by this Monday. Until then, I was trying to get the GP32 emulator working so I could see what I get to look forward to. The screen shots are really cool, and eventhough I am really impressed what developers have done with the GBA, the GP32 runs circles around Nintendo's hand held.
Well, my question is this. There are three files that the emulator can load. One is obvious, and that is the SMC file. What are the other two? Do I need to have a file loaded for all three of those formats before the emulator will load something? I downloaded a home brewn game and that was only one of the three file types, so I would imagine I only need one to play something.
So sorry for a newbie question, but I am trying to soak up as much information as possible so I can play Doom and stuff like that on my slick new hand held. Thanks much!

You're talking about .fxe and .gxb. The first is the free executable, wich is an unencrypted executable wich you can launch using the free launcher. The second is a format you needn't worry about, it's an intermediate format used by developers.

So in order to load a free executable (fxe) on your gp32 you need to get the free launcher program (see gp32 website) and put it on your smartmedia card, then put your fxe files in gp:/gpmm/ and you're set.

I hope this answers your questions,

/Inopia

As Inopia said, the .gbx files aren't that important. But if you want to lauch them, you will find a utility in GP32Xtreme site (listed under GP32 Utilities -duh!- and called GBX loader -duhduh! :p )

I only had to use it once tough, with the pre-ADIC version of Wind Up.

Thanks for the answers )
Ok, so the home brewn games I have found are FXE, and they play with out a loader. But to get the loader I need to own a GP32 and regester with the GP32 website. So I guess it looks like the actual GP32 would need the loader, but not the emulater. Today I am ordering my GP32 from Lik-Sang unless anyone thinks there is a better place to make the order. I hope some place has ASR in stock, I really want that game bad!

Elinscheid, buy ASR only if your knowlegde of corean language is very good, other way forgot about it. There is only corean version of the game. BTW. Is it so hard to make an english patch. I dont care about english translated box and manual. Just patch like for Her Knight.

Back