Simple Emulator Question

kgonepostl

Still Fresh
My GP2X should be here tomorrow, I have my psxemu prepped and ready and would like to have my genesis and snes emulator ready as well.

In your oppinion what are the best sega and super nintendo emulators for the GP2X?

gone postal posted on Oct 22 2006 at 01:13 PM said:
My GP2X should be here tomorrow, I have my psxemu prepped and ready and would like to have my genesis and snes emulator ready as well.

In your oppinion what are the best sega and super nintendo emulators for the GP2X?

Squidge .39

Picodrive, the latest one.....

Don't be getting your hopes up about the psx emu.....

Last edited by a moderator:
fluffyhamster posted on Oct 22 2006 at 03:14 PM said:
gone postal posted on Oct 22 2006 at 01:13 PM said:

Squidge .39

Picodrive, the latest one.....

Don't be getting your hopes up about the psx emu.....

I do have my hopes high. I'm not a n00b. I own a modded psp a pimped out xbox and if there's anything we need to understand with emulators is that it comes with due time. The GP2X has more then enough resources to successfully emulate the psx. It just takes dedicated people with a passion. Conceptual at first, stable later.

I just hope the guy has the skillz and doesn't give up on it.

If you are buying your GP2x for Playstation you will be disappointed. The author is very talented and committed and it is a fantastic achievement that it works at all, but it is not likely to ever be very playable.

Full speed SNES emulation is a more realistic hope for the GP2x but right now it is playable but not full speed.

Mega Drive is pretty much full speed though.

WhizzBang posted on Oct 22 2006 at 03:55 PM said:
If you are buying your GP2x for Playstation you will be disappointed. The author is very talented and committed and it is a fantastic achievement that it works at all, but it is not likely to ever be very playable.

Full speed SNES emulation is a more realistic hope for the GP2x but right now it is playable but not full speed.

Mega Drive is pretty much full speed though.

I beleive your wrong. The xbox can almost emulate the playstation perfectly. The major downside to emulation is ram. However, the xbox and GP2X both have 64 megs ram. And even though it's a joke for me to compare an xbox to a gp2x it's still within reach of 30 frames.

Or I at least pray so. If not it doesn't matter the GP2X is a really creative innovative Idea. I payed 75 bux used and the video player makes up for the price I spent. Emulators are a bonus but a nice one at that.

And, the ram IS NOT the problem here, not at all, in fact it has nothing to do with emulation of the playstation, both machines have more than enough ram for playstation.

Well, at first nobody thought ps1 emulation would even be remotely possible, but zottd proved them quite wrong... and the psx4all team is still making good progress.

Back