Silver Pandora Defects

nolongeractive

Still Fresh
I just received my silver Pandora today and I'm very dissapointed with the L-Button. It is stuck and it wont function at all. And also black spots is on the Shell and it scratches very easily. Just take your fingernail on it and it Will scratch. ED, Can you please send a black, WORKING one to me?

Well, of course it scratches when you heavily use your fingernail.

I can scratch most of my devices with my fingernails if I try to do it.... though the black case was even worse, you didn't even need fingernails to scratch it.

You got a black case and didn't like it, you now got a silver one and don't like it, I don't have anymore cases to offer, I'm sorry about that.

I already paid more shipping costs than to ship back and forth the unit that I make profit with one unit, so the best way would probably be you send it back and I'll refund the money completely, as I just can't afford to ship it back and forth another time.

I'm sorry, but if I can't seem to provide to you what you're expecting, this seems to be the only viable solution.

Ouch, they still have not managed to make the Triggers better? Hm, not good.

Well, good thing is that you can easily fix these by yourself. If you are brave enough, open the Pandora carefully and put some small pieces of paper into the trigger(s). I've fixed both of my buttons and now they are as clicky and responsive as on a Nintendo DS. Somewhere here is a thread about the Trigger fix with detailled instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had a single non-working Pandora trigger with the last 400 Pandoras I got from GC, I'm still testing them all here before shipping them, so if something is damaged there, maybe the package got some heavy crush from the shipping company.... one I sent to UK arrived with a broken LCD... some shipping services aren't especially careful when handling your stuff.

The Pandora is a very nice device. i liked the black shell and theres nothing wrong with the silver one either. I only wanted to notice you that so you can make the cases even better. I still prefer a black one, could I switch back to a black one?

The button cant be a transportation fault. it is really sticky, but it works if you press it. But then you need to manually get it back to its original position.

I called UPS and they are going to investigate this and have a look at the device and its box. I dont want you to be angry. Hopefully they can pay the shipping costs. I can accept all shell defects, but the only thing I want is a working L button that is not sticky. I cant have this unit because I cant scroll around in MiniMenu because the L button is broken. I love the look of the silver shell and I can accept small black spots but a working L button is absolutley needed. If I get a working L button i will keep my mouth shut and never complain like this to you again. You dont need to replace the unit. You can just fix the L button and I'll be pleased, ED.

I doubt they'll pay for that, as long as the box wasn't broken, they won't pay for anything. They didn't do this with the broken LCD as well...

Anyways, if the button is just sticking, you CAN open up the unit carefully yourself. Maybe while transport something got inside and just sticks the plastic a bit.

Should be easily fixable.

I can replace your unit for a black one, but only with cheapest shipping options, as shipping already is way higher than any profit made here.

I'll ask UPS about if they can pay the shipping back to you. Otherwise, I willl pay it and you can swap it for a black one. But promise me, check that ALL BUTTONS WORK PROPETLY and is not sticky. It is OK with me to send with cheapest shipping and I understand that you already have paid a lot of shipping costs. Do you think I need to send in my unit to you with insured shipping or not?

I'll ask UPS about if they can pay the shipping back to you. Otherwise, I willl pay it and you can swap it for a black one. But promise me, check that ALL BUTTONS WORK PROPETLY and is not sticky. It is OK with me to send with cheapest shipping and I understand that you already have paid a lot of shipping costs. Do you think I need to send in my unit to you with insured shipping or not?
Its possible if you just loosen the screw at the back of the pandora a very small amount your L button might work fine.I think it's the screw under the battery.the screw might be a touch too tight.I did this with my first pandora and it fixed the l trigger problem.

I don´t want to mess up with my unit, trying to open it or loosen screws or whatever. I´m too frightened to do that. It can be even worse, I have done such mistakes with other electronics before so it´s a better idea to do as ED said, send it in to him and let him exchange to a new black unit.

I don´t want to mess up with my unit, trying to open it or loosen screws or whatever. I´m too frightened to do that. It can be even worse, I have done such mistakes with other electronics before so it´s a better idea to do as ED said, send it in to him and let him exchange to a new black unit.
Ok but it only requires maybe two turns of a screw with a screwdriver.Nothing is taken apart.You just pop the battery out and the screw is right there.I never mess with electronics either but this is a very simple procedure.

I rather would choose to have a classic, black Pandora over the new silver one. I think it´s nicer from personal preference. I will send in my unit to ED soon.

I rather would choose to have a classic, black Pandora over the new silver one. I think it´s nicer from personal preference. I will send in my unit to ED soon.

Wouldn't you rather save yourself the shipping cost and days waiting for your unit to ship? You'll appreciate your Pandora a lot more if you are willing to tinker with it a little bit. :)

Also, I'm sure there are people here who will help advise you about how to carefully debug your L button stiffness.

Just be careful not to over-tighten screws or force anything and you should be OK.

You also have a better quality case with the one you have now.

I was thinking this too. It sounds like you want your device to look perfect, and if you go back to black, then it's not going to stay that way.

emiger47, maybe you can fly from Sweden to Ingolstadt, Germany and hand-deliver it!

That would be a great holiday. For my next holiday I'd like to visit OpenPandora HQ :D

Back