Silent progress

Wow! I am extremely interested in this project. One thing that I did want to use the Pandora for but never got around to, is a portable studio, specifically recording in a club/venue. Will the Pyra have a Line In and Out or would I have to use a USB soundcard?
It seems Line In/out won't be available because there isn't enough room for it, but there may be hardware hacks that could be done.  And of course USB works..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I am extremely interested in this project. One thing that I did want to use the Pandora for but never got around to, is a portable studio, specifically recording in a club/venue. Will the Pyra have a Line In and Out or would I have to use a USB soundcard?
It seems Line In/out won't be available because there isn't enough room for it, but there may be hardware hacks that could be done.  And of course USB works..
Well, I remember EvilDragon said something about Line-In being a possibility if we were willing to drill holes in the case. (It was in response to a question I had asked about having Line-In where the 3G module sits on non-3G Pyras.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang. I wouldn't really want to drill a hole in a £500 possession, I'm not that accurate! Pipe dream :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Dang. I wouldn't really want to drill a hole in a £500 possession, I'm not that accurate! Pipe dream :(

Honestly, it wouldn't be too hard. You could always buy another case if you screw up. Also, since the design files would be released, you could even 3D print a case with the hole where it needs to be.

-God Ginrai

Dang. I wouldn't really want to drill a hole in a £500 possession, I'm not that accurate! Pipe dream
Back in 1998, I took a dremel tool and hacked out the optics chip of a $600 digital camera the day I bought it.. so I have no qualms with hacking expensive things.

But line in would also require soldering etc. If ED wants to do me a favour for a few extra quid when I purchase one however... ;-)

But line in would also require soldering etc. If ED wants to do me a favour for a few extra quid when I purchase one however... ;-)

My original question had suggested that the non-3G version have line-in on the board where the 3G chip is missing. It was not intended to be a soldering job.

-God Ginrai

Back