Show your desk (Merged with Prior Thread)

Wanna trade?
Hey I will feel right at home. Lets see. Nokia C2-05, I have the same colour (My nokia N73 is out of memory, and I need to find the cable to offload first). Water, check. I have a reversed osmosis tap installed, and use glass bottles aswell, but with "beugelfles" flasks. Synth, check, have one here as well. Camera... no I have 1 lens, from one of the first digital cams I had, however, a Lumix is what I have now, more portable.  Gluegun... now that is something I need to buy. But soldering gun... check. Ah... food on a wooden plate... I have one, mostly to cut bread... from time to time I eat out of the pan, scrambled eggs, for example, scraping it with bread... and I would put something like that on my desk to not burn the rest. Scotch tape, I have that always in the drawer, next to scissors and other office supplies.

I know, let me try to make it like your desktop... lemme see...

nokia phone. Plant... check. I do not have a nice chinese teacup, but how about a genuine catsudon. Synthesizer... My Yamaha is too big, Ill put one that has the same sound quality. Tape. Waterbottles.

Screens... I cant top that...  well, a second screen then. Uh... Jaegermeister... how about a Licor 43. Glasses, check. There... done... like 2 drops of water!

welw3lookalike.jpg

@HolySmoke: A stargazer looking a a blind wall... lol. 2 machines. Nice artsy work. Wow an R2D2! Next to it something that looks like a boat? Nice keyboard. What is it? Ah, and a good set of gaming headphones...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't stargaze out of that window, got a steet lamp right underneath :)

The second machine is just some old crappy dell thingy I repaired for someone who didn't care to pick it up yet.

The boat is the LEGO pirate ship.

The left keayboard is a german Logitech G15, the right one a US "Das Keyboard" (MX blue) though the missing backlight on that one sucks hard.

Edit: Oh right, there's a third keyboard on there: a Korg SP-170DX. The Keys are nice, sounds fade off a little faster than a real piano would do, but for practicing it does the trick.

The headset (I only got one, coincidentally the same as the number of heads I own) is a Sennheiser Game something something, half open, primarily got it for the mic.

All questions answered? :D

Lol @ FBnil

This is extreeeemely funny yet also creepy at the same time.

you ppl are nasty and filthy. and i love it.

@FBnil: you forgot to mention the most important thing about your setup. my avatar on your screen!

also @Elw3: Jägermeister for the win!

@KickAss: Ah you noticed... yeah.. I have always liked comradekingu's avatar... it kicks ass!

@HolySmoke: wow good Korg (watch?v=mfqUR5FEeuU). Backlights would be awesome. I was planning to install a led strip. Have not found one I want yet.

@Orkekum: Ah... Asus when they were quality... hmm... I should post my Pandora gear too...

@Elw3: But you started it with... "Wanna trade".

This is extreeeemely funny yet also creepy at the same time.
Yeah... I had to sneak into your house to borrow that mobile phone, so I could snap a picture of it.... I almost didn't fit through the window. I broke the latch though, sorry.

But kiddin' aside, It is nice to see somebody else with the same or overlapping "setup" and tastes.  think Ill buy a Jägermeister and toast on the boards... and just for the record: KickAss avatar is the best.

blue metallic keybox.
on top of that... hmm... midi box? Must be, because you have a mini keyboard on a small laptop... with lots of cables, just behind the screen.
A keyboard, with turned on light, stashed away... but... cable goes behind screen. Can not see what.
A VERTICAL screen...  would love to do that with mine... reads better.
More amplifiers...
Something that looks like the back of a dreamcast controller... but is probably not.
a pickup player.
Tripod. REAL headphones, dect phone, cough syrup medicine?

Neat and clean environment. I can see the table... its from wood! kudo's.

my friend, the Pandora sticks out like a sore thumb... hopefully the Pyra will come in that shade of red or blue...
also: too clean! Where are the wires, the CD's/floppy's/Books/airspray and other canisters, boxed old harddrives... now I am ashamed to show my setup...

my friend, the Pandora sticks out like a sore thumb... hopefully the Pyra will come in that shade of red or blue...
also: too clean! Where are the wires, the CD's/floppy's/Books/airspray and other canisters, boxed old harddrives... now I am ashamed to show my setup...
Lol, I have a wife who detests cables... I had to....

Here's my desk, the synths slide underneath when not in use, so do the C64's and the laptop.

That's a pretty nice setup. Though the lack of screen-surface is disturbing.

Your desk is very..uhh.. clean. How do you do that? Mine is scattered with junk from front to back :p

Here is the design of my office space:
office.png

I'd be willing to show the dresser I'm using as a desk if only I had 5 VIC-20's, a hydroponics tank, a case for Monster Miles Davis IEMs, and 12 Pandoras tied together like a Rat King.

I thought it would be easier for people to show their desk than their face... I guess I was wrong

Though I kind of understand... Someone's desk can say a lot about a person I guess

On IRC we were showing eachother pics of our desks. I thought it might be a good idea to make it a thread... Always fun :)

Here's my desk, the synths slide underneath when not in use, so do the C64's and the laptop.
Wow, so many buttons and keys to press! :confused:

Well, here's mine:
Do I spot 3 Notebooks there? Nice, I still need at least one to own.

Back