Should We Move? - Forum Transfer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to let you all know that openXile is not the second coming of christ.

Dcgm is just psyched cos it's very exciting for all of us involved.

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, all this time I never noticed the donation link...

Well, I've sent some Paypal now!

Thanks for everything, Hando.

bazt said:
EDIT2: Explain the Korean MMORPG thing.. are we talking about the free to play, pay to get the good shit idea?
Yeah I didn't get that bit either.

The 'Shop Pay Plan, Korean Pay plan, multi-level-plan, cash shop plan, etc' as it's variously known is basically a stupid way to do business that separates the community, and while it may work on the largely 12 year old and 30 year old pathetic loser fanbase of most of the korean mmo's utilizing it, it doesn't work on a moderately small community forum like this. also we have wiz smilies :wiz:

@ bazt

[This is not a rant]

I can not speak for hando on this, Or even contemplate his response, These are all my own opinions.

But judging by what hando has recently said, And the principals on which hando has built and runs this site, I am pretty sure your ideas are not right for this site (though similar ideas have been suggested by other members before)..

Honestly, Don`t get me wrong, I'm not knocking them, Your ideas are good, Just not good for what this site is about, Openness and freedom.

A lot of people who visit this site are of the younger generation, Unemployed, Students on very low income etc. Mainly because of the market the hardware that this site supports is aimed at.

A lot of these people do not have the funds to subscribe to paid memberships, Because of their financial situation, And because of this, Why should they be denied access to certain areas of the site.

Though there are a fair amount of the mid to older generation, Rekindling their long lost youth etc.

A lot of these people are generally better off financially than the above group, And are usually able to afford such a subscription.

But why should we split this community into us and them, Those that can and those that can`t.

This is not what this community/site is about.

Make a donation if you can afford it or feel you would like to, Or don`t if you can not afford it or don`t want too, The choice is up to them, But they should not be denied anything if they are unable or chose not to.

[This is not a rant]

Trooper

PoisonedV said:
bazt said:
EDIT2: Explain the Korean MMORPG thing.. are we talking about the free to play, pay to get the good shit idea?

The 'Shop Pay Plan, Korean Pay plan, multi-level-plan, cash shop plan, etc' as it's variously known is basically a stupid way to do business that separates the community, and while it may work on the largely 12 year old and 30 year old pathetic loser fanbase of most of the korean mmo's utilizing it, it doesn't work on a moderately small community forum like this. also we have wiz smilies :wiz:

Ahh right, I've never seen it in that context. Like I said, I saw it in a relatively small fitness related forum context, not for profit but for keeping the website and forums funded, feature rich and it has worked well in that environment. Perhaps your right though and there aren't enough "mature" people here to make it work. Kinda sad really.

Perhaps your right though and there aren't enough "mature" people here to make it work. Kinda sad really.

I`m saying nothing. :rolleyes:

Trooper

'bazt' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
'bazt' said:

Ahh right, I've never seen it in that context. Like I said, I saw it in a relatively small fitness related forum context, not for profit but for keeping the website and forums funded, feature rich and it has worked well in that environment. Perhaps your right though and there aren't enough "mature" people here to make it work. Kinda sad really.

I don't think maturity had anything to do with his point...

EDIT: Damn it, beaten to it..

finty said:
'bazt' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
'bazt' said:

I don't think maturity had anything to do with his point...

EDIT: Damn it, beaten to it..

Ok, too many egos?

Trooper; fair dos, The site I'm talkin about, much like this one is independent, has a fairly small user base, and is all about sharing knowledge, that is the whole point of the place, the V.I.P. board only serves to support the forum, there is absolutely no "us vs them" mentality. People want to donate money because the forum has provided them with so much helpful info, supporter status just provides incentive to actually hand over the cash. It is also made up of a whole cross section of society so that point is moot. Perhaps it's just not suitable in this context I don't know.

I'd just like to throw in my support for this forum. I'm staying here no matter what. Hopefully the added admins will fix the broken stuff soon.

I think Chip's "we are moving announcement" was a mistake. But he's done a good job modding this forum so give him a break.

Go Hando! Good to finally hear from you :)

Nova said:

Yeah that guys already putting me off, I'm already associating him with Openxile, and Openxile with dragonball z, not good.

'Nova' said:

I once went all in with a pair of twos and won!!!!

Go me.

Fecking kids.....

'Unfathomable Depths' said:
'Nova' said:

I once went all in with a pair of twos and won!!!!

Go me.

Fecking kids.....

????

I go away for one weekend and miss the most dramatic thing to ever happen on this forum <_< .

Well I'm glad it all worked out. It would have been disappointing to have to move after so many years. I think it's important for all of us to put this tiff behind us and embrace the future of the forum as a happy gp32x family.

'Unfathomable Depths' said:
'daclassicgamingmaster' said:
OpenXile WILL be the number 1 forum. Know why? Look at the name. It's an EXILE for those who are not sheep!

In all seriousness, oX isn't supposed to be a gay clubby forum. We're all working to make it very respectable.
I looked at the name and it sounds great!. Good luck with it. I will sign up once I'm told to by Chip.

This is the funniest thing i've read in a while :D.

I don't know why you'd say Chip's "We Are Moving" thing was a mistake.
Everyone had tried to contact Hando for months, to no avail.
Hando has all the keys, so what could they do?

I think its great that Hando has responded.
I am not blaming Hando, he is out of pocket and doing this work on a volunteer basis.
Let's hope that Hando takes the offer of help, both financial and technical.

On to the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back