Should The Hardware Unsavvy Not Preorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eniko

Raving Python fangirl
Website
purplepirates.darksiren.net
I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post a whole new thread for this, but I couldn't find the question asked or answered anywhere else.

Basically, I love my PSP and the homebrew on it, it's a nifty little gadget, but since hearing about the Pandora I've felt like moving on to the next level of hand-held stuff. I've researched the Pandora and I'm highly interested in it.

My only reservation is, what if you get one of the first batch and the hardware is flawed? I saw someone posting about the gp2x and a headphone jack falling out? Plus there was the W-LAN switch falling off on the PSP, that sort of thing. I can't solder, and I'm not comfortable cracking stuff open to mess with the hardware unless it's my PC case.

Should I not preorder for that reason, and wait for the second batch? Are there protections, warranty, etcetera for those of us who can't apply a home fix to structural problems? Or should I just show some uh ... ovaries? and just take the leap and preorder.

Thoughts?

feck me how many more peeps gonna moan dont buy one wait feck me what a load dickheads who post stupid things on here get a life moan at yur mum dad instead

ggizmotigger said:
feck me how many more peeps gonna moan dont buy one wait feck me what a load dickheads who post stupid things on here get a life moan at yur mum dad instead
You're obviously a gifted man, but yur a feckin' dickhead at the same time.

feckin' dickheads aside for a moment, your post is interesting and I feel the same. They almost certainly will replace ANY dodgy units as fast and as nicely as they can I bet, and any home repairs you've done will be your own thing. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, you've paid a lot of money and deserve support. I mean, if there is a fix, it should be easy to do by the person who helped design it!

Last edited by a moderator:
ggizmotigger said:
Show me where exactly I was moaning? I really want the Pandora, and I wanted an opinion on whether or not it's unwise to preorder if you're not confident you can fix any structural problems with it. Also "stupid things" is funny, considering your spelling. :blink:

neogramps said:
if the first batch is that broken, or you happen to get a duf, you will get a replacement/repair. craig has confirmed this a few times as far as i know.
Thanks, all I needed to know. Definitely preordering then. :D Thread can be closed as far as I'm concerned, although it might help to put this in the FAQ if it's been confirmed several times already.

ggizmotigger said:
:blink:
"We get signal..."

Seriously though, it's been said many times that there will be a warranty.

you sure WE GET A SIGNAL there are so many moaners on here i wonder what they thinking next WE DONT LIKE IT I WANT ME MONEY BACK WILL BE THE NEXT THING............

ggizmotigger said:
<barely coherent jackassery>

There's no call for acting like a jackass. Don't do it again.
OP: Warranty info: 1 2 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back