• No, it sucks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other....(eh?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josquius

Website
www.josquius.tsx.org
I fully expect everyone to just vote yes pretty much though meh.
I am starting to get really pissed off with my GP32 and its crappy SNES and mega drive emulation (lack of buttons on the former, lack of compatability on the latter) and I'm beggining to think some GBA emulation would be rather good despite the legalities (not having to choose between gp and gba and having a choice of gba games).
So are any of these up to a decent standard yet or should I wait longer?

Also whats this I hear about bad battery life and load times?

good GBA emulation, unfortunately wont be around for a long time...i think eventually it will..just nobody seems bothered about it right now to work on a gba emu (any of the devs ive seen anyway)

I fully expect everyone to just vote yes pretty much though meh.
I am starting to get really pissed off with my GP32 and its crappy SNES and mega drive emulation (lack of buttons on the former, lack of compatability on the latter) and I'm beggining to think some GBA emulation would be rather good despite the legalities (not having to choose between gp and gba and having a choice of gba games).
So are any of these up to a decent standard yet or should I wait longer?

Also whats this I hear about bad battery life and load times?

Bad compatibility of DrMD?!? I would guess it plays about 90-95% of games, isn't that enough for you? Reesy did an excellent work on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting when lik-sang gets the GP2X in stock, which will hopefully be somewhere in March (I haven't pre-ordered though :D). Hopefully they'll do something about the joystick till then.

PS: Please don't flame me just because you think lik-sang sucks :p

Damn & blast

I was planning to buy my 2X tomorrow, now I'm up in the air over the new joystick, if it's just a new cap then Idon't mind but if it's a redesign I'll be annoyed with a Mk1.

Curse Gamepark

:unsure:

import charges are a bitch aswell on lik-sang

anywho back to topic i reckon you should get one if you want some retro gaming goodness just finished my first game (full throttle) and it was a pretty enjouyable experience (apart from the destruction derby which was very annoying)

its black its gp32's 1337 older bro nuff said

I first heard of the GP2X from a friend. He asked me if I was interested in a handheld that could play movies, emus, etc. so we could split the shipping rate.
But I don't mind the wait because they're probably gonna fixup the joystick and of course better firmware :D

Yeah, that's a clear indicator -- GP32 DrMD is absolutely superb.

Josquius -- I'd recommend buying a cheap 2nd-hand GBA-SP and a Supercard SD with a 256mb SD card. Total cost should be about US$100-120. Then you can play as many GBA games as you want, and grab a GP2X in March :D

I voted for "Other....(eh?)" because you should never ever get a GP2X. Not because it would be shit, just because your wishes are that unrealistic that nobody will ever be able to fulfill them.

I click Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111 because I felt like clicking it and one more unit sold is always a good thing.

But if I was thinking about what would be best for you (is that what I was meant to be thinking about) then I'd wait to get one, at least. Then you can come back later and decide whether to get one or bugger off forever.

Bad compatibility of DrMD?!? I would guess it plays about 90-95% of games, isn't that enough for you? Reesy did an excellent work on that.

Well that 10% seems to be the games I want to play (Shining Force :( )

No offence, but you don't sound like a good candidate for a GP2X.
Eh? How?

Then you can come back later and decide whether to get one or bugger off forever.
How about no?
This is GP32X not GP2X...X.

I voted for "Other....(eh?)" because you should never ever get a GP2X. Not because it would be shit, just because your wishes are that unrealistic that nobody will ever be able to fulfill them.
GBA emulation is unrealistic?
How is this?
It was just out of reach of the 32, for the 2X it should be will within its capabilities.

That's weird. You can't play Shining Force? I played it for an hour the first day I got DrMDX. Maybe you got a bad rom dump? It's just someone said they couldn't play Zool, and I was playing it at the time o.o DrMDX plays everything for me with exception to MM: TWW, and pirated roms.

And I don't think GBA emulation CAN'T be done (the GP2x is well within it's means to do it) but rather, as I've found it, WON'T be done (yet). It's a legal issue. If we make a GBA emulator, then Nintendo will screw and nuke Gameparkholdings into oblivion. Wait until the GBA is old and not supported as much by Big N. Just like Gameboy games (GBM?).

Buy a GP2x. Play games. Mod your joystick. Be excited by new releases. The GP2x is about development and growth, not stagnation. Emulators will get better. I predict that by the time this Gamepark reaches it's decline, it would be the most awesome homebrew console yet. And then the next Gamepark will be released!

Just don't be hasty and complain a lot, 'kay?

Then you can come back later and decide whether to get one or bugger off forever.
How about no?
This is GP32X not GP2X...X.
I meant the GP2X scene. Never having a GP32 ever ever, I've never hung around the GP32 boards. All my time is spent here. You can visit this site and completely ignore one of the systems.

Plus, I think GBA emulation is very much possible. We already have the correct hardware, so we don't need to emulate it. All we need to emulate are the special graphics and sound chips, and that could even be shunted to the second processor. However, it would involve creating one from scratch, or porting GPAdvance. This, I'm sure, is something many developers just don't feel like doing, so don't expect it too soon.

GBA emulation is unrealistic?
How is this?
It was just out of reach of the 32, for the 2X it should be will within its capabilities.

I didn't say one word about that gba emulation is unrealistic. I said your wishes are unrealistic. DrMD is one of the best emulators on any system and you say it is bad. You can be sure that you will never see a better emulator.

Besides, yes, I think there won't be a fullspeed gba emulator. It's harder to emulate than the SNES and we don't even know yet if SNES will be ever fullspeed (with sound and transparencies). And the morally aspect is there, too.

the way i see it, we have playstation emulation , with 2D games running at 60 fps...so i dont see why GBA wont be possible at that speed

Back