Should I Cancel My Nes Sp...mmm.

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Well I pre-ordered one from GameStation as you get a free NES classics game of your choice for it when you do, and after trading in Harvest Moon and my old GBA I'll get it for about £35.

However...I'm in two mind's whether to cancel it. I've ordered THIS LAPTOP from comet.co.uk and am starting not to see the point in buying the NES SP, even if it looks amazingly nice.

Do you think with these specs the laptop could handle decent speed GBA emulation? I'm no PC expert but this one looks pretty damn fine.

Help me....I really can't decide lol.

davey g posted on Jul 3 2004 at 09:04 PM said:
Thats a lovely laptop, you should be able to emulate any 2d system perfectly although the graphics card could limit the 3d systems you can emulate not that I've tried any 3d emulators recently.
Thanks, and yeah I see what you mean about the system. I don't think it comes with a battery either, but I'll be using it mainly as I would a Desktop PC...just saving space and the option of moving room to room.

I can carry on learning C++ in private (and one day hopefully make a GP32 game), carry on making my TGF games and write many more issues of GPMagazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
you'll be able to emulate n64
my laptop with worse specs can handle it perfectly

not sure about psx though

edit: Post 800!!! w00t!

diablo2 posted on Jul 5 2004 at 01:10 AM said:
you'll be able to emulate n64
my laptop with worse specs can handle it perfectly

not sure about psx though

edit: Post 800!!! w00t!
I put built/together a pc for a friend who is a shopping centre manager, So he sits on his arse most of the time :D. Well he is into crash bandicoot :rolleyes:, His daugters used to have a psx and he obviously play it more than they did. He wanted to be able to play crash on this pc, Well he can at 99% speed and the specs are as follows.

P3 450mhz
440 bx compaq mobo
160 meg ram
Matrox G200 8 meg agp Gfx card
20 gig hard drive

So i think that the comet laptop should easly push out some psx games no sweat, Even though it is a celeron processor.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
damn
the psx emulators are better than i thought
enhanced playstation emulator is truely enhanced

Back