Should I get a Smartphone?

I saw it as well. I thought it'd be funny so I sent an email cancelling your order.

I'm sure they'll figure it was a joke though. :)

Oh and check out www.gsmarena.com - they do great phone reviews and you can see what will suit :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it as well. I thought it'd be funny so I sent an email cancelling your order.

I'm sure they'll figure it was a joke though. :)

Oh and check out www.gsmarena.com - they do great phone reviews and you can see what will suit :)
I also sent an email ordering 500 dev badges, with the instructions to charge the original payment.

Y U NO, GET BOTH!?!?!?

I've had my Pandora since early February and I just loooove it, and at the same time I had a HTC Smart(which was defective). And now in April I bought a Samsung Galaxy S for a real good price (100$ + 115$ each month with 500 SMS, minuites and MB), and I've never owned such an awesome phone! It's fun, it's userfriendly and hi-tech. Ironicly I made a forum in the offtopic section (Pandora VS smartphones) and the phone I was rambling about was the wery one I own now :p It's pretty cool and you can root it (same as jailbreak for Iphone) and costumize as you like. And another thing, I saw a video on youtube where the user used a wii hand controll and played SNES games on his Samsung!

I'm now going last year of "high school" and work partial time at a gas station and I earn approximately 900$ each month and I get along just fine with a phone bill at 150$ :p

Go for a used Nexus One.

>always up to date software

>android

>Free tethering/mobile hotspot

>sleek

>oled screen

>developer so the bootloader is already unlocked AKA rooted

Basically any cheap-ish phone that can tether that way you always have wifi for your pandora :)

I just checked my order was £251.00 which is 400 USD.
Then, as per here, you should have to pay $500 - $400 for your original order = 100. people who paid less for their originally would have to pay slightly more.
I just send en email to Open Pandora Sales stating I want to pay the extra for a Premium should I wait or just order a 500 dollar one on that page, is there an option to upgrade?

Then, as per here, you should have to pay $500 - $400 for your original order = 100. people who paid less for their originally would have to pay slightly more.
I just send en email to Open Pandora Sales stating I want to pay the extra for a Premium should I wait or just order a 500 dollar one on that page, is there an option to upgrade?
Wait. They should get back to you about how to upgrade. Also, although you do not pay any less by cancelling and reordering, doing things that way cost OP more money due to Google Checkout fees, so it's best to upgrade.

EDIT: Just to be clear, you said your order was ~250 GBP, and the premium price is 310 GBP. So be prepared to pay ~60. Whether or not this includes taaxes I do not know.

Wait. They should get back to you about how to upgrade. Also, although you do not pay any less by cancelling and reordering, doing things that way cost OP more money due to Google Checkout fees, so it's best to upgrade.

EDIT: Just to be clear, you said your order was ~250 GBP, and the premium price is 310 GBP. So be prepared to pay ~60. Whether or not this includes taaxes I do not know.

I'm prepared to pay that but what do I do now? I have sent an email but I did not use that ordering page?

Doesn't matter, just present them with your order number. Be prepared to wait; if each e-mail they received was a piece of paper, you could fill a room with them.

Doesn't matter, just present them with your order number. Be prepared to wait; if each e-mail they received was a piece of paper, you could fill a room with them.
I did just nervous they won't respond because they haven't from my other emails lol.

I did just nervous they won't respond because they haven't from my other emails lol.

If they don't respond in a week try again. Try putting key words in the subject line, perhaps they'll stand out a bit and be prioritized.

And don't be surprised if you find yourself wondering "It's gone 7 days now, and I haven't recieved my pandora yet. huh..". That's the point you e-mail them and ask and they tell you they forgot :D

Why not order two Pandoras and a smartphone.. be cool like me. B)

I tell you the Pandora gets more love when it comes to just gaming. a smartphone is too clumsy to take any game seriously even with the best touch screen.

And don't be surprised if you find yourself wondering "It's gone 7 days now, and I haven't recieved my pandora yet. huh..". That's the point you e-mail them and ask and they tell you they forgot :D

Oh yeah, they forgot his order amongst the clusterfuck they call an inbox. But they made up for it by upgrading his shipping from Airmail to UPS for free.

Why not order two Pandoras and a smartphone.. be cool like me. 8)

You're so cool, your posts feel cold to the touch.

How long does it take to get a reply? I feel like my email was blocked or something because I have sent probably 5 so far in the last month and no reply :(

How long does it take to get a reply? I feel like my email was blocked or something because I have sent probably 5 so far in the last month and no reply :(
It can vary. Usually up to a few days, a week at the most. If you don't get a reply, do you have a different email address you can use?

It can vary. Usually up to a few days, a week at the most. If you don't get a reply, do you have a different email address you can use?
No not really why won't they just reply?
I think what they are trying to say is, if for some reason your email address you currently use it being blocked, sent to spam, or lost, you could try a different email account to send your message. I just got a reply from an inquiry and I think it took about 4 days. She apologized saying she's getting 250+ emails a day. Although it didn't bother me, I know she's busy. Assuming she could read and answer 1 email per minute (not likely) that would be over 4 hours a day just doing email. I don't know how she manages it at all!

If I were her I would reply to emails that have to do with Premium first, so if someone wants an upgrade give them the link to do it done don't even have to talk :p . But really there should be more than one doing emails.

They sent me a reply for 156 USD! I replied that I had already spent 400 USD on my Pandora so 556 does not add up to a Premium unit, still waiting on another reply what do you all think? :blink:

Back