ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is the Demo of Shogo: Mobile Armor Division from Hyperion software
preview1.png

The game use box86 and gl4es. It seems pretty smooth on a Gigahertz model. Go to configure to setup a good keymap.

History log
=========

Build 02
-----------

• Repackage with nub setup for FPS
Build 01
-----------

• Initial build

Last edited:
I have good memories of Shogo then memories of playing it again and being very disappointed by many aspects (especially the sections on foot), maybe it'll be the occasion to check it again.

Yes very nice ! ...
Now, I don't understand how I can configure keymap to be Pandora-friendly. Is it possible using left and right nubs as in "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" or some other good old FPS ?
Something I have missed ?

Yes very nice ! ...
Now, I don't understand how I can configure keymap to be Pandora-friendly. Is it possible using left and right nubs as in "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" or some other good old FPS ?
Something I have missed ?
Oh, I forgot to add the "reverse nubs" in the start script (my nubs are always reversed). I'll update the PND soon with that.

Yessss thank you.

Any clues on using the actual game files for it
Nope. I'm unsure it's really possible for this one, as I think the full version is not DRM free and have some CDRom protection :(

Usually the platform the game is made for doesn't affect the data format, and that's all you need in this case. Unfortunately you often need a windows box to get past the installer which'll unpack all those data files into folders for you, which you can then copy off and put on your pandora.

In shogo case, I'm pretty sure I see some linux libs inside the shogo ressource file. So Linux data will be needed. And I don't think it can be purchased anywhere now :(

Last edited:
Usually the platform the game is made for doesn't affect the data format, and that's all you need in this case. Unfortunately you often need a windows box to get past the installer which'll unpack all those data files into folders for you, which you can then copy off and put on your pandora.

That would be nice if doable. I haven't ported games so I didn't know if it was a compiler type issue.

This is the only thing i have been able to find

>No workarounds are required as it is compatible with newer glibc. However it may run too fast on modern computers. Add the following parameter to the autoexec.cfg configuration file located under ~/.hyperion/Shogo/.
"MaxFPS" "30"

From here

Regarding glibc 2.3. No idea what loki is though.

Edit: Wait it looks like there is a tar with libraries at the main site. Still no idea how that works though

What are you looking for ? I already have all the loki libs. This isnot what is preventing full Shogo to run as a PND.
As I said earlier, I'm unsure the game is DRM Free. I have to check if the CD Iso can simply be mounted to play the game. Also, if I do a PND Launcher for the full version, you will NEED the Linux version, as the data file is different on the Linux version than the windows version on this game.

What are you looking for ? I already have all the loki libs. This isnot what is preventing full Shogo to run as a PND.
As I said earlier, I'm unsure the game is DRM Free. I have to check if the CD Iso can simply be mounted to play the game. Also, if I do a PND Launcher for the full version, you will NEED the Linux version, as the data file is different on the Linux version than the windows version on this game.

Ahh thanks

There is an Amiga-Version of Shogo I own. Maybe this one works?

There is an Amiga-Version of Shogo I own. Maybe this one works?
I don't think so. But maybe the guys at hyperion could revive their Linux port?

Back