Shit I Just Thought Of Something... (gbax2004)

fdave

Final Dave
Website
www.finalburn.com
GBAX2004
"The closing date of the competition is May 1st 2004 at midnight your local time"

Is that Saturday night? - i.e. have I got two evenings to code (assuming I don't go out Friday night of course...), or is that FRIDAY night - i.e. I have only one evening to code and I have to e-mail it by Friday 11:59pm??

Aiiieeeee why haven't I had more time this week!

I'd say you've got just over 22 hours left (1:50am here).

I think some people will be having no sleep tonight...

diablo2 posted on Apr 30 2004 at 01:00 AM said:
this rocks

edit: for me lol :D
lol :lol: :lol:

So you're entering picodrive, right? Best of luck, Rlyeh is not entering his emu, so yours will have a pretty good chance actually... have you decided to use reesy's Z80 core? I saw you requesting it before... it would increase speed very well I would think. Best of luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, take your time. if you turn out a seriously capable megadrive emu sooner or later, I'll send you whatever damn prize you like...!

(seriously, it's cool to see coders excited about competitions for the sake of competition... makes you realize why they do it, not for the loot so much as for the props!!)

ralp99 posted on Apr 29 2004 at 08:53 PM said:
dude, take your time. if you turn out a seriously capable megadrive emu sooner or later, I'll send you whatever damn prize you like...!
oh really....hmmmm..(starts to code a genesis emulator with hopes of gettinga zodiac 2...or backlit gp32.....(not really))

Efompor posted on Apr 30 2004 at 01:24 AM said:
diablo2 posted on Apr 30 2004 at 01:00 AM said:
this rocks

edit: for me lol :D
lol :lol: :lol:

So you're entering picodrive, right? Best of luck, Rlyeh is not entering his emu, so yours will have a pretty good chance actually... have you decided to use reesy's Z80 core? I saw you requesting it before... it would increase speed very well I would think. Best of luck :)
Yeah Dave's having a look at my core, but Its going to take some time for him to work out the best way of incorporating it into his emulator. But as for my Z80 core increasing the speed of his emulator, it would actually make his emulator slower as at the moment he is only emulating the M68000. The only thing your going to get when the Z80 is added is sound and increased game compatibilty, but at a cost of emulation speed.

Reesy

Since (for me) playing games without sound is boring, this is the best thing that can happen to me :)

Squidge posted on Apr 30 2004 at 12:39 AM said:
I'd say you've got just over 22 hours left (1:50am here).

I think some people will be having no sleep tonight...

FUCK!!!! Okay it probably isn't going to be that brilliant... I'm really going to have to prioritise what I do to it!

it's fairly um..'plain' at the moment... just a text menu and then the emulation

Mate, its not like its a corporate presentation at the highest level with all the CEO's, big cheeses, big fat cats, etc, staring at you as you stand there with sweat pouring off your face :)

This is a nice community (I hope), I wouldn't diss you or anything if you didnt enter it into the compo, if you didnt think it was worth releasing. :)

If it gets to 12.00 or whenever the deadline is and you havent got that far or its starting to go all weird, then just sit back crack open a cold beer and chill the f* out. :)

Due to time diffrences you have until midday sunday to get something in. (at that point it is may 2nd everywhere in the world).

-Craig

www.gbax.com

when are the entries going to be ready for download??? I cant wait :D

Back