Time and Date problem

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Somehow my Pandora changes the time and date when I put it in sleep mode.

Last night I updated the time over the internet through a time server, this morning when I woke up, the date was set back one week and the time was at least 12 hours off. I've had this for some time now. At first I thought it could have been an empty battery issue but that wasn't the case last night.

Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem might be?

When I boot Android the time doesn't run at all, it just isn't updated, except when the charger is connected.

Could that be because of the same problem?

Compare "hwclock" vs "date" commands on the command line. Could be that the hardware clock got out of sync from low battery or something and keeps updating the system clock incorrectly.

Set the system date properly and then in a terminal run "sudo hwclock -w" to syncronize the hardware clock to the system clock.

I have the same problem, and din't found a solution to that. The time and date drift when in sleeping mode. hwclock also drift. It is anoying.

I use this script to sync via NTP time..

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sudo /usr/bin/rdate -ns pool.ntp.org && sudo hwclock -w ;notify-send 'time synced with pool.ntp.org'

I'l add myself to the list of people with The Problem! And will immediately check the hwclock.

I use ntpdate either daily or hourly depending on the sorts of mischief I'm up to .. setting up a cron (say) or when network connection comes up isn't too hard, and gets you a reasonably reliable date. But yes, the hw clock will drift under certain conditions, which is pretty annoying :p

Is there any chance of adding 'hwclock -w'  to the script that sets the time and date in the firmware?  I notice it does this already if you manually set the time, but not if you trigger ntpdate via the script.

-- Neelix

Back