Setting Or Tricks To Get These 3 Games To Play Fs?

badegg

Still Fresh
Using both the old and new Mame4All, Then only way I could get those games to play full speed was to turn off sound. Okay in some instances, but for the most part I like hearing the digitized voices in Splatterhouse and Double Dragon. Does Bubble Bobble have anything other than Midi sound? I don't get why I need to run it at 770 MHz and it still slows down when there's more than a few sprites on the screen.

Anyone know any good settings or tricks? I've tried 820 MHz w/ all different sound options, and "off" seems to be the only one that lets the games play at a good speed. Oh, and if anyone knows when we'll see Cadash and Golden Axe II - The Revenge of Death Adder on Mame, please pass along the info.

TIA

*Bump*.

Nobody is a fan of these games (or has a clue how to optimize the settings to get faster playing)?

Bueller?

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Crazyteknohed said:
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

You like that movie too, huh? My favorite part is when the principal get triple-kicked in the nuts by the sister. That's how I feel when someone responds to the part of my posts that don't need to be responded to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. Bubble Bobble runs fullspeed for me at 790mhz, no frameskipping. Is it maybe because Video CPU is set to 80%, so the emulated machine is slowing down rather than the Wiz? (if you get my drift) Try setting it to 100%.

Splatterhouse won't run well with sound, no matter what settings I use.

Double Dragon is just about playable with 11khz fast sound, 790mhz, video CPU set to 80% and sound CPU set to 40%. Even then there's heavy frameskip.

Alternatively Double Dragon 2 used a different arcade board and runs very well on the Wiz.

Back