SETI - Why look for Alien life when the odds are they have found us

I watched interesting footage on youtube, some meeting of alleged observers. People like military personnel and cops attending and giving speeches describing strikingly similar sightings. No coincidence for me.

See it here, it's fairly long but interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7vyVe-6YdUk?feature=oembed

Frontman of "The disclosure project" (one of their many, many videos above) Steven M Greer is one of those who inhabited the 90s boom I spoke of. He burst onto the scene running "psychic communication" sessions with "alien races", although much of this was toned down for the purposes of the Disclosure Project, his group is still very very much on the 'fringe beliefs' edge of the subject. He's notorious.

While he tries to maintain a more reasonable front for the DP, his original group still persists 'C-Seti' -

http://www.cseti.org...oshuatree09.htm

Beware.

The involvement of supposedly credible individuals in the DP should not be surprising. There has never been a shortage of ex-military types in this field. Some patently bananas. Some spreading disinformation, and some wily operators trading on the gravitas of their uniform to milk a quick buck on the book & convention circuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know what you saw, i am not a expert. I say you also dont know what you saw, believing it is a space craft just because you dont know what else it could be is actualy very closed minded.

We all know that we cant allways trust our eyes, we all know pictures with illusions.

And there are some strange wather effects existing like sprites: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_(lightning)

Discovered as late as 1989, experts think they are the reason for a lot of UFO sightings. Just search for pictures, there are many that look like the typical alien UFO. And sprites can actualy move and stay on spot.

There could be more effects that are still unknown.

Of course it could be a space craft but as you discriped it there is no hard evidence for that, a yellow star of unknown size at unknown distance accelerating subjective very fast could be anything.

I think we need to contact aliens because if they've already found us they clearly don't want to communicate. Can't blame them though...if I was an interstellar traveling race and came upon our planet I would view us as a bunch of space rednecks and stay away too.

I dont know what you saw, i am not a expert. I say you also dont know what you saw, believing it is a space craft just because you dont know what else it could be is actualy very closed minded.

We all know that we cant allways trust our eyes, we all know pictures with illusions.

And there are some strange wather effects existing like sprites: http://en.wikipedia....rite_(lightning)

Discovered as late as 1989, experts think they are the reason for a lot of UFO sightings. Just search for pictures, there are many that look like the typical alien UFO. And sprites can actualy move and stay on spot.

There could be more effects that are still unknown.

Of course it could be a space craft but as you discriped it there is no hard evidence for that, a yellow star of unknown size at unknown distance accelerating subjective very fast could be anything.

I did ask questions, didn't I. Info about those natural phenomena and comparison to my impressions would be a step to take next. But I do not intend to waste my time on this subject like so many people do, e.g. those mentioned by Asmo above.

When I say "I know what I saw" I mean the information arriving at my optical nerves, not the clear visual identification of what the former were representing.

My intention was sharing an experience and my interpretation of it, not going to defend it or anything. Yes, there is a good measure of Fox Mulder's office poster in what I say. Call me narrow-minded if you want. I call it a mixture of laziness and not caring enough for the time being.

You want to see something, it is super easy to do.

Go to your local "Tip Top Liquors" or what ever the dive liquor store is on the "wrong side of the tracks"

Ask the shop keep for 2 of his/her finest cheapest screw cap bottles of wine.

Drive or walk out to an empty field at night. Lay down with your eyes sky ward.

Drink both bottles as fast as you can and enjoy the show. I promise you, you will see more then one thing you can't explain that night!

Felt like a slap to the face of consciousness.

I had my fair share of sci-fi media consumed at the time, but never thought too much about the presence of other space-travelling species other than "there's unlimited room out there, it is highly unlikely we're alone."

After that I watched interesting footage on youtube, some meeting of alleged observers. People like military personnel and cops attending and giving speeches describing strikingly similar sightings. No coincidence for me.

See it here, it's fairly long but interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7vyVe-6YdUk?feature=oembed
O so im gonna sound like a nut here but i saw 2 spacecraft at close range they were eggshaped and silver with pentagon shapes all over.The sunlight was beaming off each of these pentagonal shaped areas.The under belly was like a whales underbelly ie black with grooves stretching the lentgh of it.This was 2 pm in the day.They seemd to appear and reappear.I was fucking stunned. These were as plain as day and as clear as looking at say a car parked on a street.Also i could not say how much time passedmwhile imwas watching this.5 mins or 20 mins. It was the moust astounding thing ide ever seen.After this i have no doubt that there are advanced craft in our airwaves.Whos piloting them?Human or otherwise is open to debate.Few people i told this story to believed me.Its hard to swallow.It seemed to me that these ships were jumping from one space to another as i found it hard to comphrehend how thwy were flying and such.Edit also there is live tv footage of the belgian government addmitting to and showing these craft on radar.a genaeral speaks about it and admita they have no clue what it is.Jets a re shown being scrambled and outrun by these craft.It was on the Irish rte news about 2000.This was a rare admission by a government to such things.Cant seem to find the clip on youtube though.

there is live tv footage of the belgian government addmitting to and showing these craft on radar.a genaeral speaks about it and admita they have no clue what it is.Jets a re shown being scrambled and outrun by these craft.It was on the Irish rte news about 2000.This was a rare admission by a government to such things.Cant seem to find the clip on youtube though.

I believe what you're referring to is the "Black Triangle Flap" of the early 90s. There was a very uncritical but well polished documentary from ITV that covered it called "Network First: UFOs" that was released on video*, it must be out there. You can't 'see' a craft on radar though, all it can tell (with many caveats) is there's a return from something (not necessarily even solid), it's range and possible speed (assuming subsequent returns are from the same source) - the F16 pilots whose radar tapes were shown did not make visual contact nor were outrun - the radar returns suggested that whatever it was ascended beyond range. The only visual evidence from the same period was a very blurry picture (a ground level observer) with no reference points that became very widely publicised. The photo was only poduced some months after the actual 'flap' and has had much of it's credibility stripped away since. The story was covered on Irish media because a Limerick policeman reported a low-flying black aircraft in the days preceding the Belgian stuff, this and reports from the UK were linked (hence the 'flap' title) before it all came to a halt.

i saw 2 spacecraft at close range

Other than (forever evolving) modern cultural perceptions of what an alien 'spacecraft' might look or behave like, there's little reason to reach such a conclusion.

*The Network First documentary also devoted a lot of time to key witnesses from the "Rendlesham Forest" story, which has since developed more holes than Swiss Cheese and some characters have since been found to have 'peculiar' links to bonkers Alien cults. Also to the similarly infamous 'Gulf Breeze' series of sightings, which also didn't stand up to further scrutiny in the following years.

This was a rare admission by a government to such things.Cant seem to find the clip on youtube though.
Actualy UFO's are taken seriously by some goverments including the US. They are investigated by different institutions like the FBI or the Airforce. Just go to the FBI website they opened up hundreds of UFO cases to the public. You can download and read the reports, it's very interessting. I remember a early one in which a jet plane is described as a alien spacecraft. On that time jet planes was been uncommon.

Here is the link to the UFO files: http://vault.fbi.gov/UFO

Just found the infos from the US Air Force about UFO investigations: http://www.archives.gov/foia/ufos.html

This are official links to websites by the US goverment, no ufologist stuff.

The US Government has wasted so much money on stupid things, Remote viewing, psychics to find missing persons, farm subsidies, I'm sure there is a file for magic beans too. I just don't understand one thing.

There is no hard evidence, none (that i'm aware of) these crafts which are essentially cloaked damn near all the time come out and go buzz and light up at night to let people know they are there. WHY? I mean what the hell would be the point to remain hidden most of the time but then fly around in a really crazy pattern and then take off? It makes no sense if you are going to announce your arrival announce it!! Blow up a city, broad cast a message in the radio do something. Hey I can't disprove mermaids, dragons, Jesus, you get the picture but with all this activity you would think there would be some hard evidence, hell it is easier to detect neutrinos then these things.

One of the problems I have with ET ships arriving and departing is that our current science would likely detect the effects of

any kind of "faster than light" mechanism. Some of the credible theories for getting around the speed of light limit involve

manipulating spacetime. We know that gravitation can change the rate of time for an event, depending on the observer,

and could possibly change the "distance" between two points.

If you could warp space enough to travel from A to C without passing via B, it could appear that you have travelled faster

than light. That is, if the normal route is A -> B -> C and takes 10 years at the speed of light, but if you could use gravity

to bend space to allow you to travel (slower than the speed of light) a shorter route from A -> C, say taking 1 year, it

would look like you got there 10 times faster than following the normal route.

Even if you could harness the energy and means to bend spacetime to do that, then the effect would be noticeable.

Our current telescopes can detect the wobble of stars with exoplanets. I think we'd notice wormholes popping up

in near earth orbit, and that's a lot of energy and effort on behalf of ETs to just do a light show and head home!

ID

^ Have you ever been mispositionened by GPS? That's aliens warping space-time between you and the satellite, causing you to receive wrong information about your location.

:p

Even if you could harness the energy and means to bend spacetime to do that, then the effect would be noticeable.

Our current telescopes can detect the wobble of stars with exoplanets. I think we'd notice wormholes popping up

in near earth orbit, and that's a lot of energy and effort on behalf of ETs to just do a light show and head home!
Getting the energy isnt the only problem. We dont realy know how gravity works, there are theories, none is proven. We can't synthesize gravity nor can we shield it. The only way to get enough gravity we know of is to get a massive amount of matter to a relativly small spot. A black hole in other words. Have fun using it to travel if you cant shield you self against it.

O so im gonna sound like a nut here but i saw 2 spacecraft at close range they were eggshaped and silver with pentagon shapes all over.The sunlight was beaming off each of these pentagonal shaped areas.The under belly was like a whales underbelly ie black with grooves stretching the lentgh of it.This was 2 pm in the day.They seemd to appear and reappear.I was fucking stunned. These were as plain as day and as clear as looking at say a car parked on a street.
Sounds interesting.

How were the surroundings, where exactly were you, what exact location did you see that in and how was the weather?

They seemed to DISappear and reappear, but there was no movement at all?

Could you do a basic sketch of what you saw? And I have a hard time picturing an egg with a whale belly when it comes to the shape of the things.

O so im gonna sound like a nut here but i saw 2 spacecraft at close range they were eggshaped and silver with pentagon shapes all over.The sunlight was beaming off each of these pentagonal shaped areas.The under belly was like a whales underbelly ie black with grooves stretching the lentgh of it.This was 2 pm in the day.They seemd to appear and reappear.I was fucking stunned. These were as plain as day and as clear as looking at say a car parked on a street.
Sounds interesting.

How were the surroundings, where exactly were you, what exact location did you see that in and how was the weather?

They seemed to DISappear and reappear, but there was no movement at all?

Could you do a basic sketch of what you saw? And I have a hard time picturing an egg with a whale belly when it comes to the shape of the things.
I opened my bedroom window in my parents place in tralee. I saw 2 greyish objects and thought they were pigeons.I was having a hard time comprehending what i was looking at.It then seemed to be two button shaped grey circles with some sort of shuriken like swirls surrounding them.These objects shot backwards over some trees whilst spinning.The next thing they seemed to have transformed into the 2 silver eggshaped craft.I was stunned and a bit shocked at this. The sunlight glistened off their bodies and off all the pentagonal solar like panels. Think of a silver egg covered entirely with divisions of pentagonal panels except that the undercarriage is black, a little curved and angled at one end to meet the eggshape. Believe it or not i saw this somewhere between 2 and 2.30 pm on a sunday.I never was sure exactly how much time had passed. I wasnt really aware of my surroundings whilst watching the craft. I think i was a bit shocked by what i was seeing.They moved in the sky i think but seemed to appear and reappear at intervals.Their speed etc was hard to gauge. How big were they.Hard to say.bigger than 2 cars certainly.As big as a house maybe.Anyone ive told this story to has a hard time believing it.It is hard to believe and it was quite shocking at the time. My best postulation is that they were moving from one dimension to another and disappearing reappearing.This is actually quite typical of many sightings as regards dimensional movement. Im terrible at drawing so a pic wouldnt be much help.

I'd like to hear more about the alleged statistics that posit that there are many intelligent races in the universe and a majority of them are more advanced than we are.

Have a look at the Drake Equation it is of course just a theory, but a theory given credence by the likes of Carl Sagan, who was no mean cosmologist by all accounts.

Apologies to wrath of Khan but I read 'I was fucking stunned' as 'I was fucking stoned' but I had just smoked a fat one. :rolleyes:

I have also seen a UFO, no idea if it was alien life / technology. Whilst flying my kite on a particularly clear spring day I saw what appeared to be a space shuttle shaped object (if viewed from underneath) flying at great speed high above the cirrus clouds. It certainly was not a space shuttle as the wings ended half way up the body of the object and it made 3 seemingly instantaneous near 180 degree turns before disappearing over the horizon. The object appeared to be pure white in colour, left no vapour trail and did not make any noise that I could hear.

Would love to think that there is intelligent life out there because as monty python said 'there's bugger all down here on earth'.

Our senses often lead us astray. What we actually see, and what we believe we see (or subconsciously want to) can be at odds. Different cultures will very often adamantly describe the same thing different ways.

A great example of this self deception is the McGurk effect. Try it:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/G-lN8vWm3m0?feature=oembed

Seeing UFOs disappear, apparently reappear or 'leap' position has plenty of potential explanations. In this instance, the 'Mexican UFO wave' of the mid to late 1990s offers some insights.

It was (and to an extent, remains) one of the most profitably exploited 'flaps', largely by a single TV presenter, Jaime Maussan - see his profile on UFO watchdog here:

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/jamie_maussan.htm

Almost entirely spawned by the relatively new novelty of Mylar balloons, many hours (literally hundreds) of video exists of various shiny blobs in the sky. Most of them just floating about, some apparently 'disappearing' and reappearing further away. What the promoters of the material never show is the prevalence of mylar balloons on the street, at the events much of the footage was shot, and even sometimes the ones recovered afterwards.

Mylar balloons are lighter, larger and more buoyant than old style rubber ones. They tend to come in disc or angular shapes, often with attached streamers or decorative fringes. Their mirror finish makes them an excellent reflector in the sky - depending on their orientation relative to the viewer they can appear to 'blink out' (reflecting the sky and blending in) and reappear (reflecting the sun directly or off cloud). When several are in the sky this can appear to be the same one jumping from one location to another.

The difficulty gauging their size for a ground observer can lead to the impression of a large object travelling at great speed much further away.

Eventually, with the lure of cash for footage, hoaxers entered the fray in a big way with more elaborate radio controlled craft, small dirigibles and eventually a notorious daylight 'saucer' moving behind buildings in Mexico city. Eventually shown to be 'shot' from a video editing suite. Who were playing with their new Adobe software.

On the 'Disclosure Project' video previously linked, and it's master of ceremonies Steven M Greer, UFO watchdog's page is also worth a look:

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/steven_greer.htm

Back