Selling 1st 3000 Pandora for a profit on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the first batch was still limited to 3000, you might have gotten a bite here. Unfortunately for ebay hacks and pranksters alike, supply is going to meet demand. I'd invest in some U2 tickets or something instead.

I hate these Ebay seller's and there attempt to screw the people with overpriced goods.

pcklee1234@mac.com said:
How much do you think it'll fetch?

Wait, so you want us to tell you how much you can make by bastardizing the Pandora concept on ebay?

I mean, if we knew how much, and we supported such a tactic, why would we not just do it ourselves? Why would we give you that info?

You'd either have to think we're all pretty stupid, or you're just not that bright yourself, to post such a question.

I would guess quite a bit, quite a few people forget to preorder stuff or don't want to, or want one after sunday.
Personally i cant understand the e-bay raeg, its not like anyone has to buy your crap.
If i sell a pencil on ebay for 100$, the one buying it is stupid, not me.

I reckon it will fetch a boat-load! I recommend buying 1000, you'll have no problem selling them. However this is not the most profitable item; buy a big batch of the "£10 / E12 Developer Fund Donation" and sell it just before Christmas. Just make sure you buy a lot at once... you don't want shipping charges gnawing away at your profit! Killer deal!!

Lippy said:
I reckon it will fetch a boat-load! I recommend buying 1000, you'll have no problem selling them. However this is not the most profitable item; buy a big batch of the "£10 / E12 Developer Fund Donation" and sell it just before Christmas. Just make sure you buy a lot at once... you don't want shipping charges gnawing away at your profit! Killer deal!!

agreed! xD

roflwaffles said:
I would guess quite a bit, quite a few people forget to preorder stuff or don't want to, or want one after sunday.
Personally i cant understand the e-bay raeg, its not like anyone has to buy your crap.
buy buying them, they are taking away the available pandoras to get and reselling them higher. the buyers arent going "OH GOOD, AN EBAY BUYER TO GET IT OFF OF FOR MORE EXPENSIVE", which proves how little you understand the situation.

roflwaffles said:
In a way you are right. The problem with your example is there are over a million places you could buy a pencil... so you would have to have had a brain bypass the day you decide to buy one for $100...
There's only one source of Pandora's so if you envisage a situation where someone scooped up the entire batch, would you be able to wait till the next batch, or would you cave in and pay the inflated price? In this situation at that instance there is only one place you could get a Pandora, so it less a case of stupidity, and more a case of someone being a git...

PoisonedV said:
roflwaffles said:
buy buying them, they are taking away the available pandoras to get and reselling them higher. the buyers arent going "OH GOOD, AN EBAY BUYER TO GET IT OFF OF FOR MORE EXPENSIVE", which proves how little you understand the situation.
The problem is there isnt a limited number of available pandoras, as of Monday the number is set. If someone wanted 1000, and payed for it, then there would be a thousand more pandoras made, not a thousand less available. Also if there is a thousand more in circulation average prices would be lower as the natural result of supply and demand.
If there was only 3000 pandoras this year than the mass buyer would be a total asshat, but supply is currently unlimited.
I imagine the same preorder system with units produced matching those wanted will continue into the second batch, provided demand continues. And when it does die down, a simple one per order deal would work.

You could easily buy a dozen and sell them to people that can't get them now. You might even be able to flog a hundred. Although I dislike profiteering, OpenPandora would still be making sales, and only those with dosh would pay. Isn't capitalism wonderful. Anybody can join in if they have the entrance fee. <_<

I think if a person want a pandora and doesn't preorder one ( like me :confused: ) it is because :
  • a) had no money now for buy :(
  • b) prefer see the final Pandora before buy :wink:
  • c) had read too late information about preorder :(

only the c) will buy on ebay now, but it will be stupid to buy more than official price :wacko: , also when i see price for NDS on ebay -_- a) and b) could buy on ebay after release of Pandora :wink:

I can wait for the second batch ( it will be very hard but ... no choice :( )

for me it's the c) ......
i've seen only today this wonderful console...
if is possible buy now the console...

I don't have any problem with people who buy just to sell. The fact is, there's a market for that. And there are people who will see something like the Pandora on ebay that wouldn't see it anywhere else. And the vast majority of people who don't follow/troll the forums here or at GP32X, don't have any clue how much a system like the Pandora does/should cost.

That said, I'm not in a position to take that kind of risk, so I won't be one of your ebay speculators.

Also, I think the ebayers would have gotten far more for their first batch Pandoras 2 or 3 years ago, back before the world economy died, before the netbook craze killed the price of all electronics, back before the iPhone became a gaming platform, before the DSi, before the Wiz, before the Dingoo, before MIDs ($75 ~ $300) replaced UMPCs ($1000+), etc.

Now, the profit margins for ebayers will be pretty slim. I doubt they'll get more than 10% ROI - if they are lucky. Selling a Pandora for $400 or more will be difficult. Unless they are outside of the EU and market it towards people who have to pay a VAT. Then, they might undercut the official price, and still make a profit. Shipping might be a money drain, but we'll see.

Either have the admin set them to lock automatically (after 15 or 30 days) or don't gripe. This was a stupid thread to revive but oh well.

I think it was established that this was a joke, and being from a year ago, the bump was totally unnecessary.

Locking in 3... 2... 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back