Sega Blaze Handheld

This is a slightly different one then I got (mine was mega drive, same manufacturer) but I wouldn't waste your money to be honest. I ordered two, (one for me, one for my mother) and they were pathetic. The first one would randomly press buttons (try playing jewel master when you keep walking the opposite direction) and randomly quit the game from time to time as well. The second one worked for like 3 days then refused to turn on.

Some of the games had graphics issues too, even on such a small screen.

As I said mine was different, but based on my experience with Atgames, I wouldn't bother.

This is the one I got:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8y-49-en-70-2f9m.html

I can only second IceBurn 3000 - these devices are utter crap, and any positive reviews you see out there quite simply cannot have been written by anyone who's actually used one.

They're not based on real MD hardware or an "MD-on-a-Chip", but instead use a shockingly bad emulator that's running on some sort of ARM processor (this is the cause of the graphic and sound issues that people mention with regard to them). They're VERY buggy, and will randomly reset or, when using the TV-out option, randomly lock up as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had two Sega Blazes and I would say the handheld is good for what it can do. I paid 40 dollars for both. One of them tended to freeze up and glitch occassionally but not very much so (only requires you to go back to the main menu and start another game), and the other worked okay. If you don't mind having another handheld that contains a few great gaming gems, give it a shot if you can find one at a good price.

Back