Release Sdl-Ball

paeryn

Reclusive maniac
Website
paeryn.myby.co.uk
After enjoying helping Sebt3 on porting Briquolo, I've beaten him to porting SDL-Ball (he mentioned it as a possible collaboration - I got carried away ;) Sorry.)
Although it looks 2D, it uses opengl (and this version uses opengles).

screenshot1.jpg

The font for the score is different and the background is off by default for speed.

Basic controls:

d-pad / left nub / touchscreen - Move paddle
X / touching screen - Launch ball
A / B - Select Powerup
Y - Buy Powerup
Start - Menu
Select - Titlescreen
p - Pause
q - Quit
s - Take Screenshot
c - Toggle showing the current time
u - Toggle clearing screen (pretty but unplayable!)

Read the docs for more info.

Download
Source
Website

Hi, played through the first few levels. It is great, that you can use the stylus, the nubs or the dpad to play. The only thing is, that if you use the nubs, it will jump on the first press in a direction.
Other than that it loos really good. And I didn't notice much speeddifference between background on and off.

Edit: Great to see you and sebt3 team up for some gles action!

Definitely a great effort, although I have to say I think we now officially have enough Breakout on the Pandora .. ;)

torpor said:
Definitely a great effort, although I have to say I think we now officially have enough Breakout on the Pandora .. ;)

Reverse-engineer Rocochet and port it to the Pandora, then I'll agree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OilySalmon said:
torpor said:

Can never have enough breakout! Batty for the Speccy?

Also, by the time I get my Pandora - is there going to be anything left to do? Has Supertux been ported yet?

paeryn said:
I've beaten him to porting SDL-Ball (he mentioned it as a possible collaboration - I got carried away ;) Sorry.)
That's fine : my main goal is reached : playing it on pandora ;)
thanks for your works : 31 immediate mode to convert and fighting with a very bad code.

Supports USB mouse! Woo! Thanks for this. :)

[edit] Hmm, having trouble with the menu - can't select anything other than New Game. Anyone else having this issue?

torpor said:
Actually, there's just one more we need. The Dingoo remake of Arkanoid: download & source

With USB support, of course. ^_^

Gruso said:
[edit] Hmm, having trouble with the menu - can't select anything other than New Game. Anyone else having this issue?
Sounds strange. The menu is touchscreen, are you trying to use the keyboard?

Would be good, when you could navigate the menu with the dpad too. Also it locks up when the lid is closed on HF4

Miner49er said:
Also, by the time I get my Pandora - is there going to be anything left to do? Has Supertux been ported yet?

yup
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,35,73

thanks for the game,, seeing so many ports recently I bought mine for emulation mainly but some of this stuff is top notch,
Thanks

paeryn said:
Gruso said:
Sounds strange. The menu is touchscreen, are you trying to use the keyboard?
Oooh, I didn't even try the touchscreen. D-pad control would be nice. :)

Lbreakout2 also works great with a USB mouse, no sound though, but I don't know if that's just me or something with the port itself! I'm crossing my fingers for more games that can be played on the mouse, I feel the Quake games would be vastly improved if there was some way of including that feature!

Miner49er said:
OilySalmon said:
torpor said:

SuperTux 2 hasn't. Although Pickle did some work on it 2 years ago.

Esn said:
Miner49er said:
OilySalmon said:
torpor said:

SuperTux 2 hasn't. Although Pickle did some work on it 2 years ago.
When 2 Months™ becomes 2 Years

Back