Sd Memory Cards

Yesideez

Still Fresh
Just waiting for my GP2X to come through the door but have just realised I didn't order an SD card - can it be used without one or is this an essential piece of kit?

I can't seem to find any information about this!

Well... if you're willing to set up USB Networking and Samba, you can play your games, emulators, etc, from a shared folder on your computer, but you'll be tied to the computer by a USB cable.

There's 64MB of NAND memory, but only 50MB is available and you can run some things from it, but I wouldn't recommend.

An SD card is kind of important... even if you go pick up a cheap 128MB card at Walmart, you'll be able to enjoy your 2X more.

Many thanks for those replies.

I guess I'll be popping into the city tomorrow to get one.

Get yourself a nice 2gb card if you are at it. And make sure it`s fast, something like 133x should do. Because you will be able to fit everything onto that one SD card, movies, roms, games, and the speed of the SD card is essential if you want to watch movies on it or later on play psx games. NeoGeo loads faster, too if you have one of those speedy little SD cards.

Right now, I've got a 4GB and a 2GB card... still not enough room, but all the games I want fit in 4GB and the media in 2GB (still wish I had more), so for now I guess I'm good.

I got a kingston 2GB sd card for free this morning at our computer expo. (They were sold for 40 euro there) :)

Back