Sd Card Wich Brand And Size?

varan77

Still Fresh
Ok , my WIZ in the way- I just need to buy SD card? Wich size would be "enough"? Should I stick with 4 gb or go with 8 even 16-32?
Also , one important question! Does MICRO SD card work in WIZ , when you put in an SD CARD ADAPTER?
You know , that thing in SD CARD SIZE whe you put MICRO , MINI SD Cards , you get "SD CARD wich is , MINI SD card".

1. Get a 32GB SDHC card, I have a 32GB SDHC card (speed: class 10) ADATA brand (see below image).
It only cost me AU $200. You can fit all the emulators and roms on it, no worries...and still have space for all your music and pr0n. :)

H-P-SDHC_class10-32GB.jpg

2. Yes, it will work fine. :wiz: B)

EDIT: http://www.adata.com.tw/en/product_show.php?ProductNo=ASDH16GCL10-R

<< US $103 shipped >>

I wouldnt have thought the wiz would need a mega speed SD memory card. Its not like the files and ROMS it needs to load are massive.

Just a thought.

A couple gb is enough unless you "collect" games or something. If you're just playing the games you own or homebrew games you won't need a lot of space. Of course if you want to load a lot of music or videos you'll need extra space for that.

A couple of gb...laf. I originally bought an 8gb, but I've already filled it up :\ I didn't think ahead about how large CD games were going to be. Planning on getting a 32gb one here soon.

I went with the 16g one. I use the wiz mainly for audio-playback and Gameboy-emu, so yes, it highly depends on what you want to use it for. If you plan to use it for extensive video or audio-stuff I would get the 32, but in my opinion they are still a bit overpriced.

greetings,
derdritte

I am probably just going to use an 8GB when my Wiz arrives. Not interested in Audio or Video (I have an iPod Touch). Just interested in a bit of emulation.

I went with an 8GB micro SD in an SD adapter.
With a ton of games it still has about 1.5gb free for expansion.

If I used my Wiz as a media player I would be all over the first affordable 32GB card I could find. ;)

It's kind of like buying a TV. There is a size point where the price just skyrockets. For SDHC that is currently when you jump from the 16GB to the 32GB.
A nice surprise bonus with the Wiz we got from the GP2x Store was a free SD/Micro SD to USB adaptor stick.

If you have other mobile devices you might want to use it in consider a micro SD as they normally come with a SD sized adaptor.

It depends on your needs. I bought myself a 32GB Kingston SD class 4 card because I figured I didn't want to ever have to worry about space and I wanted to dump all my songs and maybe a few movies in there. If all you plan to do is put emulators and roms stick with 8-16GB, PSX and Sega CD games take up a lot of space. If you don't plan on getting Sega CD or PSX games 4 GB is more then enough.

As for what brand SD card, Stick with well known brands. Kingston is very reliable and very reasonably priced. And DONT BUY SD CARDS ON EBAY!!!

I opted also for a 32GB SDHC - Card. You can never have enough room for roms :lol:
Model: Memory Star 32GB SDHC
It works just fine.....no problems !

Snowblindfrog said:
A couple of gb...laf. I originally bought an 8gb, but I've already filled it up :\ I didn't think ahead about how large CD games were going to be. Planning on getting a 32gb one here soon.

And I bet you own each and every game on there and you play them all each and every day. laf.

Last edited by a moderator:
trentg a couple of gig ain't enough.

varan77 just for emulation 8-16gb should fine.

I am starting with 8 g...but those SEGACD ..oh my GOD ..next month , I am orderin 32gb:))

I've found memory cards to be quite fragile. So keep all receipts and packages. Because of this I'd rather not invest in a large card. What I've been buying recently are 8gb microsdhc cards with adapters, cheap and multipurpose. A card wallet (check ebay) is a good investment too.

I have a SanDisk 16GB Ultra II 15MB/s SDHC Card. It works great. Compare the price of it to other 16 GB cards in that price range. I found that 4 mb/s and 6 mb/s cards were around the same price as this 15 mb/s card. It's a good deal in my opinion.

Here is a link to the card I am talking about:

SanDisk 16GB Ultra II

Audi said:
trentg a couple of gig ain't enough.

Really? Because I'm currently using a 32*MB* card, which is enough to hold a few large GBA games. There's no way I'm finishing them (RPGs) any time soon, and when I do I can easily put a few more new roms on. I think people have a habit of collecting things on their SD cards that they never use, just to show off their "geek cred" or whatever. In reality it depends on what you're doing, and for old system emulation (not CD games), you can fit many hundreds of games in a few gigabytes. If a few hundred (Or even thousand) games isn't enough for you, then maybe you have a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why bother with an sd card at all trentg? Wouldn't your gba roms you wanted to play fit on the on board memory?
I do agree that there are alot of games that ppl wont play on their cards. But rather than pick through and choose the games you might play from each system is it not easier to just bung the complete romsets on? Then anytime you take your wiz on a trip your covered.

Back