Sd Card Not Showing Files

andy9841

Hi

I have just got my Wiz and when trying to put files on the SD card they do not show up in the menu. If I copy the same file direct to the Wiz it works fine, therfore it is not a problem with the files I am using.. .mp3's show up fine on the SD card, but not .avi's

Do I need to catalog the sd card or anything?

Andy G said:
Do I need to catalog the sd card or anything?

Hi Andy G,

I think I have had a similar "problem". Try to create the same folder structure on your sd card as you have on the NAND (the WIZ).
The .avi files have to be in mnt/sd/movie then it should show up.

Kasi

Last edited by a moderator:
Game and applications in the "Game" folder
Music files in the "Music" folder.
Movie files in the "Movie" folder.
Text files in the "Ebook" folder.
Image files in the "Photo" folder.

You can enter in the menu options you use and the folders will be created in the SD card.

Thanks guys.. So obvious... :rolleyes: Wasnt putting the videos in the Movies folder..

One last ting. The menu option Wiz Games doesnt contain anything, do you know if I can add shortcuts to my Amiga or MAME games?

Hi Andy G,

For "normal" games to show up in the menue you need an ini-file in the games-folder:

Code:
[info]
name="SuperTux"
path="/supertux/SuperTux.gpe"
icon="/supertux/supertux.png"

Most games come with ini-file, now.
If not, you can use inimaker:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,116,120

Maybe I'm the only WIZ owner who is not using any emulator because I don't have anything to emulate. :rolleyes:
(Aside from some DOS games and some old Atari XL ROMs for which I lack the hardware to them read out to a normal hdd.)
So I can't help with Amiga or MAME games. Maybe you just try it?

Happy Christmas

Kasi

Back