SD Card Preferences.

H

hakmanplayer

I don't know if this topic has been discussed before so please forgive me if it has been beaten to death already. :eek:

I wanted to know what SD cards fellow Pandora users prefer and why??

No poll intended.

That's it.

sorry...yes this horse has been beaten way too much already.

nay :blink:

Last edited:
I use a 64GB Sandisk class 4. Formatted with Gparted in Fat32. Fits the main bits (and then a whole lot of some), and some 32GB cards for PSX, ScummVM, and media. Stay away from dirt cheap ebay cards! They are no good as I'm sure you'll read. Prometheus has some pretty good info on that. Search the name on the forums...

Prometheus will definately be in shortyly :D

but i just ordered 2 X 16GB Class 10 Patriot LX series cards, tested and verified for me so im happy :D

I picked up a 32 gig class 10 card specifically for my Pandora when it arrives. By the time it gets here I should have a second one. The speed on it is nice on my PC through USB 2.0

I use a 64GB Sandisk class 4. Formatted with Gparted in Fat32. Fits the main bits (and then a whole lot of some), and some 32GB cards for PSX, ScummVM, and media. Stay away from dirt cheap ebay cards! They are no good as I'm sure you'll read. Prometheus has some pretty good info on that. Search the name on the forums...
Same here except my games are on the 64GB (a lot of PS1 games) and random on the 32GB. B)

I'm using multiple 4GB class 4 Sandisk cards at the moment.

I'm mainly running the OS from SD using ext3 (noticably slower using class 4)

I run games and emulators from another card using fat32 booting from nand.

I like having multiple cards as I don't like having all my eggs in one basket.

Its also cheaper :)

I've got a Samsung Class 6 16gb (ext2) to run my OS from because it's got decent I/O performance for the price range, you'd have to spend a lot more to get better performance. [i think this is correct, must research how to benchmark myself because I've got a Transcend Class 10 that I want to compare it against].

And I've got a Class 2 32gb card (Sandisk I think) to store my roms.

I prefer faster class cards for the transfer of files from PC to card, but any class 4 card works as well as a class 10 on the Pandora as far as I can tell...

I use a Verbatim 32GB Class 6 SDHC Card as my main card (all of my apps and games are on there, and I tend to use it for written work as well, amongst other things), and an assortment of Play.com own-brand Class 4 16GB ones for music and DVD rips, and whatever else my main card doesn't cover, myself.

As Anihil8ion2199, PokitFoxx, and Blue Protoman alluded to (honestly guys, do we need to invest in a Prometheus-light, now? :p ), you should avoid eBay at all costs, as it is flooded with fake-capacity cards - a number of which are also counterfeits of brand-name goods, as well. It's worth noting that eBay is not the sole place affected by this - they have been known to pop up with third-parties selling via well-known online retailers as well (although this is not always the case, I would advise caution). The most extensive source of information on this unpleasant phenomenon is the website SOSFakeFlash, although I wrote a run-down of the problem and of some related issues that surround it, in a thread on this forum, too. Please give at least the latter link a read before investing in any cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Verbatim 32GB Class 6 SDHC Card as my main card (all of my apps and games are on there, and I tend to use it for written work as well, amongst other things), and an assortment of Play.com own-brand Class 4 16GB ones for music and DVD rips, and whatever else my main card doesn't cover, myself.

As Anihil8ion2199, PokitFoxx, and Blue Protoman alluded to (honestly guys, do we need to invest in a Prometheus-light, now? :p ), you should avoid eBay at all costs, as it is flooded with fake-capacity cards - a number of which are also counterfeits of brand-name goods, as well. It's worth noting that eBay is not the sole place affected by this - they have been known to pop up with third-parties selling via well-known online retailers as well (although this is not always the case, I would advise caution). The most extensive source of information on this unpleasant phenomenon is the website SOSFakeFlash, although I wrote a run-down of the problem and of some related issues that surround it, in a thread on this forum, too. Please give at least the latter link a read before investing in any cards.

yeah Prometheus, we could have said it all, but you just have such a way with words when it comes to sd cards, (and anything megaman related)

besides, I wanted you to get the recognition considering i had to find a post of yours for your sig when i decided to order my sd's :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back