SD Card Size

Kumaki

If I am right, I understand Pandora has two SD slots. I'm not sure, as I do not yet have my Pandora, but am planning on grabbing one very shortly. Just have to get my tax refund which has been held up due to identity theft issues.

Now, I know that everything you save on Pandora has to be on the SD Cards, you can't save things to the internal memory, as that is all taken up with the Operating system...right so far??

Is there a size limit to what size SD card you should be using?

I know, for example, the Dingoo had problems, sometimes, with folks who used too large capacity an SD card.

Any insights from current users regarding this, so that I can get the largest usable SD cards?

The Pandora will support 64GB & 128GB SDXC cards, although not all of them.

Not sure how big your looking to go, but all of the Pretec's in my shop work fine on the Pandora in varying formats.

I also use a 128GB Lexar card, unfortunately they've been discontinued for a faster one which I haven't tried yet. I think other members are using some of the newer Lexar 128GB cards, so maybe they can chime in here.

The Pandora will support 64GB & 128GB SDXC cards, although not all of them.

Not sure how big your looking to go, but all of the Pretec's in my shop work fine on the Pandora in varying formats.

I also use a 128GB Lexar card, unfortunately they've been discontinued for a faster one which I haven't tried yet. I think other members are using some of the newer Lexar 128GB cards, so maybe they can chime in here.

Well, 2 64GB cards should do fine. Probably don't even need that much, really. But better to have more than you need. What I was wondering is...if anyone had any problem using large cards like 64GB with the Pandora.

I ask because I know that some Dingoo users had trouble when using large cards.

Also, am I right that Pandora has two SD slots?

They're SDHC slots, so they technically should only work with SDHC (32GB and less) cards, but SDXC cards often work due (AFAIK) to really being SDXC in name only (and being like SDHC at the hardware level).

You do however need to reformat SDXC cards to FAT32 first, because SDXC cards come preformatted as exFAT, which the Pandora OS does not currently support.

They're SDHC slots, so they technically should only work with SDHC (32GB and less) cards, but SDXC cards often work due (AFAIK) to really being SDXC in name only (and being like SDHC at the hardware level).

You do however need to reformat SDXC cards to FAT32 first, because SDXC cards come preformatted as exFAT, which the Pandora OS does not currently support.

That was what I was looking for.

So I could use 2 SDHC 32GB cards perfectly.

Seeing as I currently use just an 8GB on the Dingoo, plus 4GB internal memory there...two 32GB cards should be more than sufficient for my needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a cheap 64 GB SDXC Crad for 37€ from.

It works well. Don't mind about that. 64 GB shouldn't be the problem.

Back