SD card not recognized

LaP0573

Still Fresh
Hello,

I just received my Pandora today, and I'm struggling to make it recognize my SD card. I ordered it together with the Pandora, on the DragonBox store (so I'm assuming it's fully compatible, since it was a special offer with the machine), and followed the quick start up. Everything works fine, but not the SD card.

Whether I plug it in the first slot, or the second one, it doesn't seem to be working. It's simply not recognized, appearing nowhere. The "lock" slider is on the right position.

Also, when I try to install something with the PNDstore, first I've gotta run it via the terminal, after a sudo -i (else it'll tell me access denied), then I install the thing in /usr/pandora/apps, but it doesn't show up anywhere (not on the desktop, not in the menu, nowhere), I've got to go to the folder, right click and run the PND. I tried with PNDmanager, and when launched in this way, it didn't install anything. It remains stuck on the nstallation screen (after you choose "download", you've got the cog that turns, and it stays there forever). Same thing when launched with pnd_run in root.

Soooo I'm stuck. What would you advice me to do ? Is there an option I forgot to toggle on ?

Thanks

Hello,

I just received my Pandora today, and I'm struggling to make it recognize my SD card. I ordered it together with the Pandora, on the DragonBox store (so I'm assuming it's fully compatible, since it was a special offer with the machine), and followed the quick start up. Everything works fine, but not the SD card.

Whether I plug it in the first slot, or the second one, it doesn't seem to be working. It's simply not recognized, appearing nowhere. The "lock" slider is on the right position.

Also, when I try to install something with the PNDstore, first I've gotta run it via the terminal, after a sudo -i (else it'll tell me access denied), then I install the thing in /usr/pandora/apps, but it doesn't show up anywhere (not on the desktop, not in the menu, nowhere), I've got to go to the folder, right click and run the PND. I tried with PNDmanager, and when launched in this way, it didn't install anything. It remains stuck on the nstallation screen (after you choose "download", you've got the cog that turns, and it stays there forever). Same thing when launched with pnd_run in root.

Soooo I'm stuck. What would you advice me to do ? Is there an option I forgot to toggle on ?

Thanks
If it's a Polaroid 64Go, it's formated in exFAT (I had one yesterday). You have to format it en FAT32 first, or a use GPart on the Pandora to do it, but you will need at least a small SDcard to put the PND on.

Exactly, thanks ! That was the issue, and I couldn't format in anything else than exFAT in Windows, so I thought it'd be equivalent to FAT32. So yeah, now it's recognized, and I was able to make it a Pandora SD card.

Thanks again !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back