Scummvm And Saving

draziw77

Still Fresh
Greetings! So I setup ScummVM and currently have beneath a steel sky loaded on it. Wiz is amazing but I can't figure out how to save games. Under the save game option it wants you to type in a save game name for the slot how do I do this with no keyboard? Thanks!

don't write anything, it will name them automatically as "gamename"01, 02, 03, and so on.

rex303 said:
don't write anything, it will name them automatically as "gamename"01, 02, 03, and so on.

When I don't write anything I get "Could not save the game. () " Under options in scummvm i put the path directory for saves to scummvm save folder is this correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
draziw said:
rex303 said:

When I don't write anything I get "Could not save the game. () " Under options in scummvm i put the path directory for saves to scummvm save folder is this correct?

One more thing when I look on the SD card i see sky-vm.001 and sky-vm.002 but when i try to restore all the save slots are blank is this normal?

I didn't touch any of the options/paths except finding the games. don't know if that could be the problem. I have no problems loading saves, the save slots are not blank.

rex303 said:
I didn't touch any of the options/paths except finding the games. don't know if that could be the problem. I have no problems loading saves, the save slots are not blank.

That's weird... I downloaded the file from the scum site. Deleted and removed game and re-dropped in in scummvm directory on sd card. This time i added the game but changed none of the paths. Now I get "Unable to store Savegame names to file SKY-VM.SAV. () whenever I select save from menu and then click OK. hmmmmmm.....

It appears that I can save or restore a game in Beneath a Steel Sky but when I close out of the scummvm I can no longer use the file that I saved from a previous session to load. Oddly autosave set for every 5 minutes works correctly. So as long as I don't turn it off from a place I wish to stop and wait 5 min for the autosave I guess will have to do for this game. Monkey Island 1 and 2 work correctly go figure. :)

haven't tried beneath a steel sky. for now I have played and used saves with no problems in sam and max and indiana jones and the fate of atlantis.

rex303 said:
haven't tried beneath a steel sky. for now I have played and used saves with no problems in sam and max and indiana jones and the fate of atlantis.

Ah that must be it then. Thanks for your help btw. :)

draziw said:
rex303 said:
Ah that must be it then. Thanks for your help btw. :)

Make sure you extract all the folders and libs in the Wiz ScummVM distribution to your SD card, if parts are missing saving will fook up ;).

Also, have a look at the README, you can always use the psudo-virtual keyboard to put save names in etc.

I'll also have new 1.1.0 pre-release/test builds out in the next few days for both the GP2X and Wiz (a series of builds to get feedback in the run upto the 1.1.0 release of ScummVM).

I'll also have new 1.1.0 pre-release/test builds out in the next few days for both the GP2X and Wiz (a series of builds to get feedback in the run upto the 1.1.0 release of ScummVM).

Great news, John! Do you expect working Mohawk support for GP2x/Wiz? I tried a nightly build GP2x version a few weeks ago. Myst shows up in the menu but gave me a error message at start. I think the 544x333 resolution is not supported yet...

sbock said:

Great news, John! Do you expect working Mohawk support for GP2x/Wiz? I tried a nightly build GP2x version a few weeks ago. Myst shows up in the menu but gave me a error message at start. I think the 544x333 resolution is not supported yet...

Mokawk is not going into the 1.1.0 release of ScummVM as the engine is not ready (same for SCI) but yep, I have started looking into the hacks needed to get the engine running on the GP2X and Wiz (well it's going to be VERY slow on the GP2X ;)).

You have also just reminded me that I need to add the Wiz to the nightly builds and fix up the packages :D.

Thanks for the update. Yeah, I know Mohawk is only in a preliminary state but I find the Windows nightly build quite playable...

BTW., EvilDragon just wrote at the German boards that you're extremely busy with real life and Panda stuff. Really nice that you don't forget the GP2x and Wiz fans...

looking forward to scummvm 1.1, what improvements can we expect from it?

rex303 said:
looking forward to scummvm 1.1, what improvements can we expect from it?

This games are now supported:

Blue's Art Time Activities
Blue's Reading Time Activities
Dragon Historie
Freddi Fish 5: The Case of the Creature of Coral Cove
Pajama Sam: Games to Play on Any Day
Spy Fox 3: Operation Ozone
TeenAgent

Just tested Teen Agent on the GP2x F200 with the latest build. Works great...

http://www.scummvm.org/
http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

Back