Scumm Games

trooper posted on May 5 2005 at 06:23 PM said:
DanGP posted on May 5 2005 at 06:14 PM said:
Funkmeister_Smith posted on May 5 2005 at 05:15 PM said:
I found with my old Atari ST (the Amiga 'rival' in its day ;) ) that it could read PC formatted disks, but the PC could not read a disk formatted by the ST. If you still have your Amiga you could try copying the original Monkey Island disk (with your Amiga) onto a blank PC formatted disk. Maybe that would work?
I think you need cross dos on your amiga to do that.

Comes built-in with workbench 2.1 and upwards, Or you could use messydos available on Aminet

Trooper

Cheers for that info, I didn't know that :)

So, my A1200's workbench would be >= v2.1?
I've downloaded messydos just incase. Just have to get dad to scout for the Amiga next time he's in the loft.

Hope I can get Flood going as well :D I haven't been able to play that since my bro got rid of his A500+

Last edited by a moderator:
GP40 posted on May 6 2005 at 07:16 PM said:
trooper posted on May 5 2005 at 06:23 PM said:
DanGP posted on May 5 2005 at 06:14 PM said:
Funkmeister_Smith posted on May 5 2005 at 05:15 PM said:
I found with my old Atari ST (the Amiga 'rival' in its day ;) ) that it could read PC formatted disks, but the PC could not read a disk formatted by the ST. If you still have your Amiga you could try copying the original Monkey Island disk (with your Amiga) onto a blank PC formatted disk. Maybe that would work?
I think you need cross dos on your amiga to do that.

Comes built-in with workbench 2.1 and upwards, Or you could use messydos available on Aminet

Trooper

Cheers for that info, I didn't know that :)

So, my A1200's workbench would be >= v2.1?
I've downloaded messydos just incase. Just have to get dad to scout for the Amiga next time he's in the loft.

Hope I can get Flood going as well :D I haven't been able to play that since my bro got rid of his A500+

Don`t forget that the Amiga`s internal disk drive can not read/write High density disks (except the A4000) without problems, Even when formatted to 720kb. If you have any normal blank Amiga disks, Use thoughs (720kb formatted) to tranfer the files to your PC.

EDIT: Yes!, The A1200 comes with workbench 3.0 (3.1), So has a cut down version of crossdos built in.

It`s in "Sys:Storage\Dosdrivers\" and it`s the PC0 icon, Or "Sys:Devs\Dosdrivers\" If it is already mounted.

Trooper

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back