Buying Monkey Island

Bingo Jesus

GP2X Hardcore
I remember a while back that lucas arts offered a pack with all (or some) of the monkey island games at budget price. Does such a pack still exist, I'm wanting to buy the monkey island games compatable with gpscummvm. Wheres the best place to buy the games, as you know I need the versions with the .000 and .001 files.

Many Thanks
Bingo Jesus

you can buy any monky island version for pc.
there is a "ten adventures" pack. and also some other packs.
look at ebay, pricesaerch, discounters, or even big game shops some of them have such classic games.

Bingo Jesus,

Just about any version of Monkey Island 1 supported by ScummVM will work in the GP32 port. The VGA version is the one to go for if you have a choice (and the one in the LucasArts reissues) and OGG encode the CD tracks if you want music.

LucasArts still sell the packs. Monkey Island 1+2 in a DVD case in GameStation (UK) was going for a grand total of £4.99 new last week when I was in there.

Those lucasarts adventure compilations reach ridiculous prices on ebay, probably more than they were when originally released. ;)

Thank god i still got most of the scumm adventures from the good old days.

Ditto here, I picked it up a few years ago for £15 (both games) from Electronics Boutique (now GAME). It's definitely worth it, although it doesn't run on XP I XPect (heh).

Just to give you an example of what you might find , If you visit the Sierra website and try to buy the Liesure suit larry 1-6 pack it takes you to amazon.com where used ones are priced around $300-$400 bucks :eek:

Does anybody know where to get the CD version of Monkey Island I?
The one with icons and CD Music... pretty hard to find :(

Rico posted on Aug 22 2004 at 11:43 PM said:
Ditto here, I picked it up a few years ago for £15 (both games) from Electronics Boutique (now GAME). It's definitely worth it, although it doesn't run on XP I XPect (heh).
You can use ScummVM though, surely as a GP32 owner you know this :p

Last edited by a moderator:
LHC posted on Aug 23 2004 at 12:10 PM said:
Rico posted on Aug 22 2004 at 11:43 PM said:
You can use ScummVM though, surely as a GP32 owner you know this :p
That's how I run them, yes. Just subtly indicating my annoyance that LucasArts never bothered to make them work on XP themselves - you know, for the 80% of gamers who don't know about ScummVM :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back