Scumm

Vix0r

Still Fresh
I just got my GP2X today but have no clue how to play Lucas Arts games on it, which is why I bought it in the first place.

I downloaded "ScummVM Skywalker Port" which I think I read somewhere was the best one, and I've got two Monkey Island games on the SD Card too. How do I run Scumm and play the games? The disk that came with it doesn't really explain much (or make a whole lot of sense in parts).

Cheers!

Skywalker port.... wtf?
Anyway, it should come with some docs... but if not, you just run the GPE file and in the menu that appears add the game folders for your monkey island game.

Once they are added you can sect them and press start game.

AFAIK the Skywalker port is the best one.

Just run scummvm-sky.gpe, click the 'Add Game..." button, then browse to the game folder on the SD and use the choose button. (I suggest you make a subfolder in the scummvm folder called 'games' and make subfolders in there for each of the games.)

All you need to run Monkey Island is MONKEY.000 and MONKEY.001. (You don't need anything else unless you rip the CD Audio tracks into OGG files Track1.ogg to Track24.ogg (It may support MP3 but I don't know.))

Monkey Island 2 the data files are MONKEY2.000 and MONKEY2.001. (I have the DOS floppy version of this one (Was there a CD version?), so I don't have the CD audio and can't tell you if or how many tracks there should be.)

Wow... missed that one. Hmmm I wonder if to just wait for DJWillis's port or not now. I could try it anyway in the mean time. ^_^

EDIT: Dammit I also missed out that Kteto updated his GBc emu to support SRAM saves... DAMN I must haved lived under a roc or something...

You make it sound so confusing (I really am a newbie) but it worked and I can now play my beloved games! Thankyou so much!

The save files muck up every so often or dissappear but unless anyone knows a simple way to fix this, I'm not too bothered. I'm just really glad it's working and am now in love with my GP2X.

Thankyou!

PokeParadox posted on Sep 9 2006 at 11:22 PM said:
Wow... missed that one. Hmmm I wonder if to just wait for DJWillis's port or not now. I could try it anyway in the mean time. ^_^

SkyWalk was compiling my work in progress code for a while when I had no GP2X to test on, not sure if he is still doing builds (I think he only did the one), he has not taken any code off me in a long while and things have moved on since then.

I am still working on ScummVM and now I have a GP2X again I am working on a new big release and trying to make it an official port, there are 'unstable' test builds comming out every few days as anybody who looked in the beta forum would know ;). Infact I am about to upload another test build now.

Vix0r, as for saves you MUST exit ScummVM cleanly (use L trigger and Select in game or the Exit menu) to ensure your saves are in tact.

EDIT: And just to prove a point here is todays test release (it's not a stable release but rather a compile of my local code as of tonight)

Last edited by a moderator:
That would make sense. The time they evaporated I'd just turned it off. Cheers for that.

Back