SCSI SD Card reader [Large picture warning]

I use this one on my Commodore Amiga Cdtv and it worked fine out of the Box.
Its "Bus Powered" so its no need for an extra Energy Cable for me :D
85546eca3ebb20e4ff7b2a3c2350e4c3.jpg
IMG_20170720_131818.jpg

I think that the terminator resistors networks are a scsi thing...

Well, not only a scsi thing, but i never saw that on ide...

Well, not only a scsi thing, but i never saw that on ide...
ATA is point to point, so somehow both ends just terminate the connection. SCSI is a bus-based system, so both ends need terminating, but you shouldn't terminate the middle (else you'll attenuate the signal for the rest of the bus I think).

Edit: Looking again I see a molex connector there. Surely that provides power, or are you saying it works even without plugging that in, regarding it being 'bus powered'?

Edit2: The link you gave says 'can be powered by the SCSI bus in some cases', so I guess you've got it running without having to wire up power.

SCSI have a "5 volt" (usually 4.3-ish, from a diode drop) termination power line on the data cable, that is *usually* (but not always) fused at 1A. Far from every controller provides it, none of the controllers we've tested provides it anyway. The DB25 connector sometimes used for SCSI makes life interesting for users of paralell port devices. A lot of parallel port devices shorts the termination power to ground when plugged into a SCSI port.

Yes i do only use the 50 Pin Flat Cable,no other Power Cable and no Molex :D

But i think i must reconfigure the SCSI Options via Usb because my 16GB Card is rekognized as 256 MB hdd Yet.

Maybe i just need a Firmware Update,maybe some patched Amiga Drivers.
I must experiment more with it when i have more Time.

It worked out of the Box and my Commodore Amiga 500 Cdtv can Play Ham6 Fullscreen Musicvideos from SD Card :D

But i must learn more about configuring Scsi Things.
My Knowledge is little about it.

Have you formatted the card yet? I doubt Amigas speak fat32 by default, so I'd suggest the best course of action is formatting to amiga fs, perhaps after partitioning it - amiga owners would know more than me on that. I can't imagine what the amiga is seeing as 256MB on a blank fat32 formatted card though - perhaps some initial blank space is getting picked up (though I've not seen than beyond about 16MB yet on any of my cards).

So I don't think it's a SCSI config problem - SCSI speak at a level lower than that for filesystems, so it's unlikely to be the problem.

Back