SCSI SD Card reader [Large picture warning]

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It depends. We took a short break from this after our latest prototype fried itself and we have no idea why. We'll probably have another go at figuring that out soon. If that works out, we may offer a few pre-production units from this revision.

ibisum

Just wanted to register my interest in this product - I could use it with my Yamaha A3000/A5000 Sampler collection .. ;)  

Maxerati

Count me in for 2 units; I need this for my ASR-10 & Roland S-760. Good luck; you are doing a great job!

Best regards & greetings from Holland,

Max

Saxfred

I would also be interested to know if it is working with Yamaha EX5R (a friend of mine has one also and have  some vintage synths which might be fitted with such device.

Saxfred

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The short answer to that is: I don't know. The only sampler we have access to is an ASR10. We may let a couple pre-production units go for cheap (I dunno €15 maybe?) if anyone wants to check compatiblity.

jasonjanssen

I would love to test one of these for compatibility on my ASR-10. I've been watching this thread with great anticipation. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

elv

I would be more than happy testing pre-production units

I am gonna be in Stockholm 22-25 jan. next year :D

So we could skip the hassle with shipping

Maxerati

I am ready for at least two units: curious if it will work on Roland W-30 & SU700. Maybe a silly question: but have you implemented a fuse in the unit? To prevent the frying issue.

Regards,

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The it-crying-itself-issue appeared after that we implemented a new power input switcher circuit and that we populated the terminator networks. We'll have to populate the boards with one at a time to figure out what triggered it.

Bjarne

I hope you're not defeated by the development hick ups. This is a great project.

Cheers

ibisum

Any new news?  I really want one.  Incidentally, does anyone know of such a thing as a USB-SCSI adapter, or maybe its only Firewire-SCSI possible?  Trying to work out how to add SCSI to my 2014 MBPro .. 

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local Amiga users group prodded me about it just yesterday. We may rethink some design aspects of it, but we'll probably get to it soon. A couple prototypes with some features removed (termination, ability to run from termination power, former isn't really nessacery when running plugged right into the back of the device.) will probably be for sale before we order the next revision boards.

Bjarne

Hi,

Have there been any progress lately, or is this put on hold?

Cheers

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've had very limited amount of time to spend on electronics lately, this project, as all my other electronics related projects, are currently waiting for me to have time to spend. The lab's at a friends place 60 km away, so I can't just work in it whenever I have a half hour to burn :x

ibisum

Just letting you know: I'm waiting with much anticipation to hear of your taking orders for this!  I will use it in my A-samplers right away!