SCSI SD Card reader [Large picture warning]

Count me in for 2 units; I need this for my ASR-10 & Roland S-760. Good luck; you are doing a great job!

Best regards & greetings from Holland,

Max

I would also be interested to know if it is working with Yamaha EX5R (a friend of mine has one also and have  some vintage synths which might be fitted with such device.

Saxfred

The short answer to that is: I don't know. The only sampler we have access to is an ASR10. We may let a couple pre-production units go for cheap (I dunno €15 maybe?) if anyone wants to check compatiblity.

I would be more than happy testing pre-production units

I am gonna be in Stockholm 22-25 jan. next year :D

So we could skip the hassle with shipping

I am ready for at least two units: curious if it will work on Roland W-30 & SU700. Maybe a silly question: but have you implemented a fuse in the unit? To prevent the frying issue.

Regards,

The it-crying-itself-issue appeared after that we implemented a new power input switcher circuit and that we populated the terminator networks. We'll have to populate the boards with one at a time to figure out what triggered it.

I hope you're not defeated by the development hick ups. This is a great project.

Cheers

Any new news?  I really want one.  Incidentally, does anyone know of such a thing as a USB-SCSI adapter, or maybe its only Firewire-SCSI possible?  Trying to work out how to add SCSI to my 2014 MBPro .. 

Local Amiga users group prodded me about it just yesterday. We may rethink some design aspects of it, but we'll probably get to it soon. A couple prototypes with some features removed (termination, ability to run from termination power, former isn't really nessacery when running plugged right into the back of the device.) will probably be for sale before we order the next revision boards.

Hi,

Have there been any progress lately, or is this put on hold?

Cheers

I've had very limited amount of time to spend on electronics lately, this project, as all my other electronics related projects, are currently waiting for me to have time to spend. The lab's at a friends place 60 km away, so I can't just work in it whenever I have a half hour to burn :x

Just letting you know: I'm waiting with much anticipation to hear of your taking orders for this!  I will use it in my A-samplers right away!

Count me in for at least one, probably more. I'd use ith with my old Macs.

Cheers,

-joe

Kind of. We had problems with the board frying themselfs. We now know what the problem was (didn't clean the flux residue -> slowly carbonized and shorted out the board). It's currently on the list of "one of these days, we'll get back to it"-projects.

Ah, thats great to hear :)

You can count me in for 2-3 of these when you (hopefully) get them ready for prime-time. I've been using a couple of scsi2sd plus two ArtMix units (FuzinMonster and RaizinMonster) for my older music gear (samplers, etc) but still have a need to have my old vintage computers (se/30 and Powerbook 180) fixed up with non-mechanical disks as well.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on this thread :)

(och hoppas att "endera dagen" inte är alltför långt borta :-D - Stockholmare även här ;-))

Back