Screen issue.

Narcoleptic.

Hi Guy's

After receiving my Pandora yesterday and having a great time with it, i turned it on on the train this morning and was greeted with my screen being all screwed and such. I attached a photo. Can someone tell me where to go from here please :(

I'm so sad :(

IMG_20111026_081351.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, wow! That looks like something broken on the PCB, sadly... it's not the typical LCD Cable issue :(

So RMA? I got it from Craig's store and i've never RMA'd anything in my life. Do you guy's have a support email of some kind?

less than 24 hours man, so sad :( i was having so much fun.

Well, you could try if it goes away if you remove the battery for a while... or if it changes when you shake it. Maybe it's just some lose cable, but I don't think so.

Yes, you need to contact Craig's store - the eMail is openpandorasales@gmail.com

They seem to have a large backlog currently though :(

They always have a large backlog, poor loves :(

Thanks for the help ED. I'll email them now.

im sorry, but why are you missing screws on the upper half?

Hi Guy's

After receiving my Pandora yesterday and having a great time with it, i turned it on on the train this morning and was greeted with my screen being all screwed and such. I attached a photo. Can someone tell me where to go from here please
sad.png

I'm so sad
sad.png

Could it have something to do with it having been taken apart?

Note: Picture shows screws missing.

It came like that? Fits the stylus perfectly.

I certainly didn't take it apart.

EDIT: They're missing them on all four corners, wtf!?

might as well check missing screws on back as well, and behind battery

If those 4 screws of the frame surrounding the LCD screen are off, then perhaps if that frame was pressed, on the 4 corners ,then the picture would improve?

Is it possible to purchase those screws in a hardware store? Then the screws would tighten or clamp the frame more? Thus providing better contact for the LCD screen?

Just a thought :rolleyes: .

I wish you the best of luck with your Pandora and a speedy recovery!

Cheers

Last edited:
If those 4 screws of the frame surrounding the LCD screen are off, then perhaps if that frame was pressed, on the 4 corners ,then the picture would improve?

Is it possible to purchase those screws in a hardware store? Then the screws would tighten or clamp the frame more? Thus providing better contact for the LCD screen?

Just a thought :rolleyes: .

I wish you the best of luck with your Pandora and a speedy recovery!

Cheers

That probably won't help, the cables are clipped in. The system should work no problem with or without the screws in. This has something to do with the underlying hardware.

Back