Screen corruption

vgslag

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

I purchased a pandora off of eBay last week and I love it. I was using UAE4All and noticed the colors were odd so I quit the app. When I looked at the desktop I noticed the anti-aliasing around the fonts looked grainy and some colors had changed completely.

The background image looks totally different.

I restarted the device and the colors were off even on the very first boot screen.

web.jpg

I have taken the back off and checked that the LCD cable is correctly seated. Is there anything I can do?

Should I take it up with the eBayer or can I get it repaired?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I purchased a pandora off of eBay last week and I love it. I was using UAE4All and noticed the colors were odd so I quit the app. When I looked at the desktop I noticed the anti-aliasing around the fonts looked grainy and some colors had changed completely.

The background image looks totally different.

I restarted the device and the colors were off even on the very first boot screen.

I have taken the back off and checked that the LCD cable is correctly seated. Is there anything I can do?

Should I take it up with the eBayer or can I get it repaired?

Thanks.

That's the infamous LCD cable, you can only send it to be repaired, ask the seller where he bought it (carig or ed).

Thanks. Seems to have fixed itself temporarily but I'll ask the seller.

Looks like I spoke too soon. It's back :(

I have emailed the seller and asked him who he originally got it from.

Looks like I spoke too soon. It's back :(

I have emailed the seller and asked him who he originally got it from.

It happened to some people (myself included), sometimes it shows some others not, sometimes it only happens if the screen is at ceratin angle, and some times it gets fixed if you move it back and forth.

But you can be sure that it will go worse until the screen dies.

Your nubs are going to crap the bed at one point.

Mine has recently done this, along with the LCD cable starting to show signs of becoming mangled... it's very subtle unless you watch when opening the hinge, but the default background has a purple tinge when it's supposed to be black and gray, for instance, so I've caught it as early as I could to ensure it doesn't damage the LCD by it getting naff signals off the damaged cable. It's nowhere near as bad as VgSlag's however!

It was very strange as the nubs were working absolutely fine the previous day, then I turn it on and I push the left nub to the right and it..err.. stayed pushed right.. manually pushing it back to the centre has just caused it to become unbelievably erratic, so it's quite unusable, sadly. It does seem to behave itself now and then, but it certainly favours going left now, and no amount of nub dancing seems to sort it :(

Though I've had this Pandora almost since they originally started shipping them out, to the point that the sticker on the underside of the unit is numbered 12 ;)

Unfortunately for me, seems like Craig's shop at least is ultra busy, as I emailed about a week and a bit back now and haven't had a reply.. granted my mail server could've hiccuped as it was acting funny at the time, so I'll try again tomorrow from a different address in case they have been replying, and my server's still eating things it shouldn't!

Yeah. I can now temporarily fix it by closing the lip and firmly knocking the hinge but it'll come back later. Shame, everyone at work was looking forward to having a go :(

It'll get worse over time. Eventually the screen will black out completely. I hope that by the time that happens Pandora assembly won't be quite as frantic as it is now.

So sorry to hear about this. Yours wasn't one of the new ones, was it?

Not sure. Under the battery it says it's a Pandora-1001 and the serial number is 090001001353.

It's a shame but it's understandable. They're only human and it's a massive undertaking... I just dont want to be without it now.

I have spoken to the seller and he says he got it from Pandora LTD and that he will send it back for me. I will try first and if that fails I'll send it back to him. Who should I email for "Pandora LTD"?

That would probably be OpenPandora Ltd. - meaning that the seller likely means Craig's shop. For them, the e-mail address is sales@openpandora.org if I'm remembering rightly.

Not sure. Under the battery it says it's a Pandora-1001 and the serial number is 090001001353.

It's. Shame but it's understandable. They're only human and it's a massive undertaking... I just dont want to be without it now.

I have spoken to the seller and he says he got it from Pandora LTD and that he will send it back for me. I will try first and if that fails I'll send it back to him. Who should I email for "Pandora LTD"?

Sales@openpandora.org is Craig's shop... they're extremely busy right now, though, but they should be able to swap it out with one of those Pandoras they've been chucking out nonstop.

I think ED has a few right now, but if he doesn't he definitely has a few on the way. I'd contact him if you're near Germany, but I don't know that email.

Thanks for your help guys.

I have emailed sales@openpandora.org so hopefully I will hear back soon. I'll keep the thread updated incase anyone else has similar issues.

Back