Screen rubbing?

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
I noticed yesterday that my screen is kind of having a coting rubbed off. Ive looked after my gp32 like a baby but after only a week or two of having it the screen looks crap. Is this the anti reflection coting being rubbed off? Id rather have it all off as its distracting havin a scratched looking screen

I know what you mean. The best thing to do is to breathe onto the screen and give it a good rub with a soft white cloth, a t-shirt seems to work best for me. I'm not sure why it happens, but this seems to solve the problem for me

The same happened to my screen - it became streaked with time. I do not know if this was caused because I used glass cleaning fluid (Windex) to clean it or if the original anti-reflective screen is just crap.
I bought the replacement screen cover from GBAX and it looks great! Just in case I avoid any cleaning products which might ruin the anti-reflective cover.
To clean it I grab a bit of toilet paper, drop a few drops of plain water on the paper and rub it against the screen. The water not only helps rubbing fingerprints off but also traps dust and lints onto the paper.

phoda posted on Jul 21 2003 said:
The same happened to my screen - it became streaked with time. I do not know if this was caused because I used glass cleaning fluid (Windex) to clean it or if the original anti-reflective screen is just crap.
I bought the replacement screen cover from GBAX and it looks great! Just in case I avoid any cleaning products which might ruin the anti-reflective cover.
To clean it I grab a bit of toilet paper, drop a few drops of plain water on the paper and rub it against the screen. The water not only helps rubbing fingerprints off but also traps dust and lints onto the paper.
Best thing to use is a microfibre cloth, usually used to clean things like camera lenses. Get one from Dixons or Jessops for a £5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even plain water can rub off the anti-reflective coating, I did it myself :/
I agree that the microfiber cloth is very good for cleaning the screen. I just used my dad's spare glasses cloth :)

Yeah, thats ok to take off, its like the plastic layer u get on watches to protect em int it? But theres like a thin layer of anti glare or sumthin which doesnt peel off but it looks like its scratchin off mine :(

Mine has a bunch of marks on the screen, not really scraches but something there. You cant tell at all when its on, so i really dont care.

The screen does seem to collect streaks and scratches at an unprecedented rate......I just breathe on it and wipe it pretty hard with a cotton t-shirt. Solves the problem for a day or so.

The Anti reflection film is quite crappy, and after a while it just makes it worse. If you want you can allways remove the grey frame around the display, (it's just fastened with double sided tape) and replace the shield with a piece of CD cover or whatever you can find, and you don't have to worry about scratching it anymore :)

the moment i removed the anti-static cover from my screen dust just seemed to gravitate to it. and the cover it left this annoying purplish reflection on the screen. and then i stored it in a plastic cabinet ( which you should NEVER do ) overnight and now it has this odd 1x.5 ( yes, 1 pixel by half a pixel ) pixel anomaly on the left side of the screen which is always lighter than the rest of the screen.

Back