Gp32 Cleaning Time!

Neomorpheus

Website
www.geocities.com
I know I aint the only one that gets irritated with the trapped dust behind the screen, so is ther any easy way or guide or anything on cleaning it?

I read a while back somebody damaged ther screen while trying to get rid of the dust and id prefer not to do this!
Is it poss to just open it up and spray some compressed air inside, or is it more complicated?

Cheers for any comments

Yes, it's that simple, just pop the screen off with a knife (following the screen replacement guide at GBAX) and blow in some compressed air, or brush the dust off very gently with a cloth (VEEERY gently).

Neomorpheus posted on Aug 3 2004 at 05:38 PM said:
I know I aint the only one that gets irritated with the trapped dust behind the screen, so is ther any easy way or guide or anything on cleaning it?

I read a while back somebody damaged ther screen while trying to get rid of the dust and id prefer not to do this!
Is it poss to just open it up and spray some compressed air inside, or is it more complicated?

Cheers for any comments
You may end up letting in more dust than you get rid of. Also some dust becomes lodged in the grooves on the FLU and any attempt at forcing them out will most likely result in scratching it. I guess if that happens you will have a good excuse to get a BLU :)

Last edited by a moderator:
am i just lucky, but in almost a year, i have 0 dust under my screen.

Jr2swiss posted on Aug 3 2004 at 05:57 PM said:
Mashmods cheated me and Azure, i am accepting paypal donations, pm me if interested.
You accepting PayPal donations to recover the $7.50 you lost in shipping?

Last edited by a moderator:
Use compressed air, you can buy aerosols for the job if you don't have access to an airline. I used one a while ago when I changed to a glass screen and it worked brilliantly.

Back