Screen broke

Seany

WHile running to the bus stop oday, my Pandora fell from the hand, and it seems to boot, but the screen remains black. I dont have a TV out cable or a tv to connect and test it - nor do my friends around here. I tested whether I could get the screen working with battery, with AC and with both - it did not work. I dont know of a direct way to shut it down besides the battery out - but i did not manage to do anything. Shining a bright flashlight on the screen (that will show the screen even if just the backlight is broke and the screen itself is okey) does not reveal anything.

How do I proceed? How long is the guarantee (on a serial numbered second hand pandora)?

Just wanna say that you breaking your stuff (even if by accident) is not a thing that is covered by normal warranties.

Also, I would recommend contacting the person you bought your device from directly and asking him/her how far he/she can help you.

If you've neglected your pandora it's not covered by warranty like any product.

I would be checking the Display Cable to see if its seated. Remove screws under battery and check the cable that goes under the motherboard.

The screen cable also plugs into the cable that comes from the LCD panel behind the screen, though that's somewhat harder to get to than the one under the motherboard, so I wouldn't worry about the top end until you've checked out the bottom.

The screen cable also plugs into the cable that comes from the LCD panel behind the screen, though that's somewhat harder to get to than the one under the motherboard, so I wouldn't worry about the top end until you've checked out the bottom.
thank you checked, all in place.

I'm almost 100% sure it's a small coil that fell off the PCB (if you open the back, it's on the right side near the end of the PCB, about 3-4cm from top.

Even though this usually isn't covered within the warranty, I fix that for free as well (unless something else is broken, of course, but if it still boots, then it's most likely exactly that!)

Download the RMA Sheet: http://openpandora.org/downloads/RMASheet.pdf

And send it to:

OpenPandora GmbH

Schaeffbraeustr. 11

85049 Ingolstadt

Germany

I had the same issue once because this thingie fell off the board (without a deep drop though), ED fixed it. :)

I'm almost 100% sure it's a small coil that fell off the PCB (if you open the back, it's on the right side near the end of the PCB, about 3-4cm from top.

Even though this usually isn't covered within the warranty, I fix that for free as well (unless something else is broken, of course, but if it still boots, then it's most likely exactly that!)

Download the RMA Sheet: http://openpandora.org/downloads/RMASheet.pdf

And send it to:

OpenPandora GmbH

Schaeffbraeustr. 11

85049 Ingolstadt

Germany
Thank you very much. Here is a picture: 

Tz5RW5O.jpg

- to assess the situation - where was the coil supposed to be?

I think it's that white blob below the left shoulder (on the right since we're upside down). The one labelled curly C 223F. It's still present in your picture but seems to have come loose on one side and rotated.

I didn't know those blobs were coils (inductors, presumably?), but I've occasionally wondered what they were before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Resoldering it plus putting some hot glue on top (so that that won't happen again) is the fix here.

Back