GP2X Scrapple For Gp2x? Found Source

Winterkid

Website
Visit site
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xwords/

If anyone can tell me how feasible this is to port to the 2X, please let me know. The output seems to be custom made for 320x240.

It all SEEMS to be there.

Was also looking for a decent Monopoly clone in Linus, but alas it wasn' to be found on Sourceforge. Going to do a websearch for it, but I wanted to post this post address first.

The Linux version uses GTK - port is possible but not a trivial task, you would have to convert the GTK code to SDL, or it could be compiled for the X server if GTK was compiled but compiling GTK is a nightmare (there are loads of dependent libraries).

Atlantik is a Monopoly-type game but it's for KDE so a port is unlikely.

Edit: Found there was a Linux version :)

Parkydr posted on Mar 20 2007 at 10:48 AM said:
The Linux version uses GTK - port is possible but not a trivial task, you would have to convert the GTK code to SDL, or it could be compiled for the X server if GTK was compiled but compiling GTK is a nightmare (there are loads of dependent libraries).
You might get lucky with just these for GTK+:

Pkg-config
Glib
ATK
Pango
Cairo

And if I remember rightly, GTK+ is fairly well behaved (but I've only compiled it for x86). But I bet the program is for 'Gnome' and needs loads of extra tag-alongs anyway.. Hmm, Debian ARM anyone? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, those are the libraries I meant. That's why I went with lesstif instead.

On the monopoly front, I've found gtk atlantic too

Since I know nothing about code or porting or anything, would someone please port one or both of those for me? (Scrabble and/or Monopoly)

I'd pay if I could, but I'm flat broke.

MmMmMmM....spiced meat patty

imageswi7.jpg

You have Scrabble Monopoly and Battleships available for Megadrive/Genesis: why not just use Picodrive?

Not adding anything to the table, but I'd love to see a nice Scrabble clone released for the GP2X. I'd be overjoyed to have the ability to play a nicely designed version like the one I play on my Verizon phone:

4030.jpg

(I'll definitely be trying the Sega release through emulation.)

-Josh
Just a soon-to-be-GP2X user who is also a Scrabble nerd.

Back