Scaling windows when they won't let you scale any lower?

Dark Pulse

Retreaux
Finally got my Pandora and am beginning to get stuff on it. (Though I like to blame the fates and furies for making the site and the Wiki go down right after I got it.)

I've figured out how to move windows just fine, but the problem is, lots of configuration windows seem to be expecting a window size bigger than the 800x480 screen the Pandora has, and they have no sort of scrollbars. Okay, no problem, shrinking them should do it.

The problem is... how to deal with windows that won't let the window shrink even further?

If I move the pointer carefully enough, I can get it to change to an icon that seems like it should shrink things if I click and move it. For nearly all windows, it'll let me make it bigger, but not smaller - the minimum size seems to be limited to whatever the programmer put in. Right now, for example, I'm trying to get RetroArch up and running, but its Phoenix configurator, even when shrank down to minimum, will not fit the whole screen of options into the window. I can make it bigger, but I cannot make it smaller, so effectively, some options will always be invisible.

So... how to deal with this? The only thing I can think of would be shrinking the fonts, and obviously that would hurt readability past a few more points downward, and even then, I couldn't find the setting for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way to deal with windows with controls outside the view is to move the window. Shift-click (hold the left shoulder button) and simply drag the window up until you can see the controls you need.

The only way to deal with windows with controls outside the view is to move the window. Shift-click (hold the left shoulder button) and simply drag the window up until you can see the controls you need.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Problem is, simply put, the window is still too big. There's no way to scroll it "past" the top of the window that I know of.

You can drag it everywhere in the window while holding shift. You don't need to drag the windowbar.

...Sheesh, that was stupidly easy in the end. :wacko:

Thanks for that. I guess I never stumbled upon it earlier since I was trying by the titlebars.

Back