Saving in ScummVM?

Melville

Hi, I have the scummVM emulator and the game files for monkey island 2 installed - runs beautifully. I can see this eating quite a large proportion of my free time... However, When I try to save my game, the Save button in the menu greys out when I click on it. When I reboot and start the game again, the load menu does contain a file marked "Autosave.001" (or something like that) but if I try to click on it, it just dissapears. I'm not quite hardcore enough to attempt to comlpete these games in one session, so would appreciate any help with this...

I'm sure it's something pitifully obvious that I'm doing wrong, but take pity on me :).

Thanks,
Melville

Heh... good luck finishing a game with the amount of battery time anyway!

For saving, I'm going off of memory here I haven't used that for awhile. Bring up the save/load screen (probably start, if not, when I say start later hit that button). click the save button (when a button is grey, it means you are in that "menu"). Click (possibly double click) on an empty save slot, you should get a cursor for typing. Type using one of the shoulder buttons, I believe right, and pressing up/down for letters/numbers and right to go to the next character. After you've typed a filename (it can be short), just hit start again. It'll save.

Practice/play around by not going too far into the game, just far enough to know its not the beginning screen and try saving. Then reboot and see if the game is there.

Post again if this confusing msg doesn't make sense and I'll load it up on my GP32 and type in better directions.

Waaah! I'm having probs too - I tried that but I don't get any characters when I press either of the shoulder buttons.... I've got the flashing cursor and everything, but can't get any filename characters at all :(

Any suggestions?

That's the one, thankyou! works perfectly now, although it seem i have to continue playing for a minute or so after saving in order for it to work. I vaguley remember reading this in the readme though, and is not a problem.

On the downside, I'll miss my social life now this is going to take over. :)
Thanks very much.

Have fun,
Melville

Back