San Disk Ultra Ii Sd Card Problems

T0adL0ader

Still Fresh
Hi I hope someone can help me. I wanted to get a 2gig SD card for my GP2X so I looked at the current list of cards that worked and the one that stuck out was the San Disk Ultra II as it had (works great ) next to it and I already have a 128 San Disk card which works fine.

I have now purchased this card and formatted it to FAT32. Windows picks it up fine with my card reader but my GP2X wont see it. I have tried Reformatting it with other devices and also downgraded to 1.2 then added 1.2.1 but the loading screen freezes with this card installed. If i put my 128 it works fine???? I have now upgraded again to 1.4 and it all loads again but wont see the 2gig card. I have also tried this card in three of my mates gp2x's and none of them see this card!!!!!!

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

iignotus posted on Apr 3 2006 at 07:37 PM said:
Format it as FAT16 with a utility. I believe 2gb is the limit for FAT16, so it should still work.

I gave that a go but still same thing :angry: does anyone else have this card and if so does it work in their GP2X?

Last edited by a moderator:
Return it. A couple of co-workers have this exact card, and both work fine.

TelcoLou posted on Apr 3 2006 at 10:32 PM said:
Return it. A couple of co-workers have this exact card, and both work fine.

I would but the trouble is the card works in everything else i try it in (PDA'S Cameras PC's) it is only the GP2X that wont pick it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back