New User Needs Help!!

JIM1

Still Fresh
Hi I am a new GP2X user.

I have had my GP2X 4 days. On this Friday (22/09) I loaded DrMDV57 Megadrive emulator and some MD roms and also a few Tom & Jerry episodes on a San Disk 512mb memory card. Everything was working fine on Friday night and Saturday morning. Then all of a sudden the games started to slow down with only fps of 5 and some not even loading and the Tom & Jerry avi won't play when they were playing before. I haven't changed anything in the settings. It's like it is having problems reading the SD card. I have also tried 2 SD cards and it the same on both. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas before I start moaning to GP2X.co.uk and ask for a replacement.
Also it seems to work fine without the SD card in but when I bott up with a SD card in there doesn't appear to be any sound?

Thanks in advance.

Uh ... are you sure your batteries are fully-charged? (Also, are you using at least 2200MaH NiMH rechargeables?) This thing's a power-hungry little beast.

Also, did you try re-formatting the SD card in a card-reader?

</stab in the dark>

Yeah, I've already tried that i formatted both cards and reinstalled everything as it was and it's the same.
I'm running 2500 Ni-MH and they're on full charge.
it's like the whole thing is running slow. It now seems to take longer to boot up now as well and as I said there is no sound when i switch on when the SD cards are in. I'm far from an expert but it does sound faulty?? Would anyone else agree? Especially as it was running fine for about a day!!!

It's the same on 2 SD Cards. I bought a new one from Argos today just to check and it's the same!!
I can't say I fancy flashing the firmware. I'd rather send it back and get a replacement. I take it that this isn't a common problem?

Hi good idea!!

I will put the emulator and 1 rom on the nand memory tomorrow and try that.

Hi,

In case anyone was wondering this turned out to be a hardware problem.

I returned it to GP2X.co.uk and they replaced it.

I just thought I'd give an update in case anyone else has the same problem. Apparently it couldn't read the SD cards properly.

Thanks for everyones help!

And in case there is anyone out there who hasn't bought a GP2X yet I would recommend buying it from GP2X.co.uk they were fantastic!!

Back