San Disk Ultra Ii Sd Card Problems

T0adL0ader

Still Fresh
Hi I hope someone can help me. I wanted to get a 2gig SD card for my GP2X so I looked at the current list of cards that worked and the one that stuck out was the San Disk Ultra II as it had (works great ) next to it and I already have a 128 San Disk card which works fine.

I have now purchased this card and formatted it to FAT32. Windows picks it up fine with my card reader but my GP2X wont see it. I have tried Reformatting it with other devices and also downgraded to 1.2 then added 1.2.1 but the loading screen freezes with this card installed. If i put my 128 it works fine???? I have now upgraded again to 1.4 and it all loads again but wont see the 2gig card. I have also tried this card in three of my mates gp2x's and none of them see this card!!!!!!

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

T0adL0ader

Still Fresh
iignotus posted on Apr 3 2006 at 07:37 PM said:
Format it as FAT16 with a utility. I believe 2gb is the limit for FAT16, so it should still work.

I gave that a go but still same thing :angry: does anyone else have this card and if so does it work in their GP2X?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TelcoLou

Return it. A couple of co-workers have this exact card, and both work fine.

T0adL0ader

Still Fresh
TelcoLou posted on Apr 3 2006 at 10:32 PM said:
Return it. A couple of co-workers have this exact card, and both work fine.

I would but the trouble is the card works in everything else i try it in (PDA'S Cameras PC's) it is only the GP2X that wont pick it up.

Last edited by a moderator: